Look & Feel

Immortal.gif

To be clear, we’re not whining, we are trying to help make this the best experience possible.

This!

Critique isn’t whining, it’s an integral constructive part of the design process from what you’re taught in academia to what goes on daily at agencies. I don’t go a day in my professional job without conversations like this about my own work.

The only goal of critique is to improve the work for everyone. Many eyes and POVs will make for a better experience than one singular person could. Obviously everyone’s hard work is appreciated by all who comment!

Love the new layout! I switched over to the dark theme, but I couldn't distinguish between bold and standard text for thread titles to tell which threads were unread, so I switched back. That's the only thing I've noticed, otherwise I think it looks great!

Just wanted to stop in to say - love, love, love the new look! Fantastic job to all involved. Y'all should be proud.

I just tried the new skin on my phone, and I think it works pretty good overall. Just one thing: I don't think the logo works well on mobile due to its size. I don't know if this is possible, as I know zero about web programming, but I think the logo cound be adapted specifically for the mobile view to encance its legibility while still maintaining the aesthetic of the original one.

Here's a quick comparison of how it looks now and what could be done:

N+GMob1.jpg

N+GMob2.jpg

The first one doesn't look that bad if you're seeing this post on a large screen, but try it in your phone and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Again, this is only the designer in me who can't help but think on how this already pretty cool look could be improved :)

I just tried the new skin on my phone, and I think it works pretty good overall. Just one thing: I don't think the logo works well on mobile due to its size. I don't know if this is possible, as I know zero about web programming, but I think the logo cound be adapted specifically for the mobile view to encance its legibility while still maintaining the aesthetic of the original one.

View attachment 1361

View attachment 1362

The first one doesn't look that bad if you're seeing this post on a large screen, but try it in your phone and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Again, this is only the designer in me who can't help but think on how this already pretty cool look could be improved :)
This is something I've been wanting to work on over the weekend but wasn't able to until today.

View attachment 1361

View attachment 1362

Yes, I will be updating the logo for mobile tonight after work. Be default, there is no logo built in for the mobile view. It was a modification I had to quickly make last night so I just dropped the desktop logo in.

Yes, I will be updating the logo for mobile tonight after work. Be default, there is no logo built in for the mobile view. It was a modification I had to quickly make last night so I just dropped the desktop logo in.
Cool! Thanks so much for the hard work you and the team have been putting into this, and for listening to all of our "whining." What you have achieved here is amazing, and I'm excited to see it gro and improve with time.

Cool! Thanks so much for the hard work you and the team have been putting into this, and for listening to all of our "whining." What you have achieved here is amazing, and I'm excited to see it gro and improve with time.

Welcome.

I'm also leaving very heavily on your suggestion for the white copy and gold ampersand. going to run the idea by everyone.

Also, agree that we need to darken the vinyl background.

Back