Life goes on, man! The July 2023 Challenge!

3. “Obviously you’re not a golfer.”
Spin something sports related

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Song: “Glory Days”

IMG_5973.jpeg
It’s not obnoxious if I play this the day before the 4th of July, right? This song’s about a former high school baseball player. This is the best sounding 99¢ record I own, by the way.

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA
Song: “Glory Days”

View attachment 176727
It’s not obnoxious if I play this the day before the 4th of July, right? This song’s about a former high school baseball player. This is the best sounding 99¢ record I own, by the way.

What the fuck is a “Speedball” though… well, besides a mix of cocaine and heroin as I don’t believe that’s what The Boss is referring to here. You can tell he wasn’t a big baseball guy either because Curveball or Fastball woulda worked just as good here too.

Recorded at Wrigley Field in 2016 and includes Eddie's ode to the Cubs - "All The Way". Also features Dennis Rodman reprising his voice mail message on Black, Red, Yellow.

While I didn't make this show, I did get to see PJ in Fenway twice that year, those were fantastic shows.

Pearl Jam ~ Let's Play Two

1688407977408.png

1688408276588.png

2. “Calm down, your being very undude.”
Play something that inspire self-reflection

IMG_2640.jpeg
Bobbie Nelson & Amanda Shires - Loving You

What do you leave behind? How will you be remembered? Most people probably aren’t even aware that Willie Nelson had a sister, mush less the fact that she played an integral part in him becoming a musician or that she played in his band or that she inspired countless musicians like Shirea, much less the rest of her story. Those that knew her treasured her though and that’s probably all that really matters.

View attachment 176773
Van Halen - 1984

My high school pep band always played Jump at the basketball games.
It was the Cubbies unofficial theme song in the mid 80s before being replace my that lame ass “Go Cubs Go” they use now.

4. “Eight year olds, Dude”
Play something from your childhood or teenage years

Nirvana - Bleach

IMG_5978.jpeg

In grade school, my best friend had an older cousin who lived up the road in Seattle and introduced him to the music of a number of bands. At the time, we were all into whatever hip hop and r&b songs were being played on KUBE 93, so this was not a smooth transition. He had been gifted a CD of this album but his mom didn’t like him listening to it because she thought it was a bad influence on him. He traded it to me for my Arch Rivals NES game, financially not close to a fair trade but I liked having something that felt off-limits that you couldn’t just pick up at Fred Meyer, even if it would be another year before we had a CD player in the house to be able to listen to it. My dad ended up liking it because they reminded him of the Beatles and I thought he was crazy for saying so

4. “Eight year olds, Dude”
Play something from your childhood or teenage years

Before I started buying my own albums, I listened to my sister's collection. She's four years older and I was introduced to a lot of great stuff that I still love. This one goes down as a favorite for both of us...in fact, this is her OG copy from back then.

IMG_4506.JPG

1. “F*** it, Dude. Let’s go bowling.”
Let’s get the ball rolling, let’s get this party started!

Snotty Nose Rez Kids – I'm Good, Hbu?
20230704_161052.jpg

July 1st was Colonialism Day around these parts, but I prefer to celebrate Indigenous folk. No bowling or Big Lebowski references here, but these two Haisla cats from Kitamaat will damn sure get a party started!

Back