Life goes on, man! The July 2023 Challenge!

Man I think it’s been a year since I’ve participated in one of these. I’ll give it a go.

1. “F*** it, Dude. Let’s go bowling.”
Let’s get the ball rolling, let’s get this party started!

Lightnin’ Hopkins - Lightnin’ Strikes

I’m awful at bowling. Strikes are not something that I get very often. I probably get more gutter balls than strikes. But going with friends/family is still always a blast.

989F16DC-9CC3-4B4C-A7B9-E5F80D5AC321.jpeg

2. “Calm down, your being very undude.”
Play something that inspire self-reflection

LIFE’LL KILL YAH - Warren Zevon
IMG_3675.jpeg

Zevon’s music often lends itself to reflection and isn’t afraid to draw blood. There’s an honesty to his work and I picked this one specifically because of its place in Warren life timeline wise.

RIP Warren

Elvis Costello - Spike
Song: “Deep Dark Truthful Mirror”

View attachment 176680

My favorite Elvis Costello song. The MTV unplugged performance in particular is fantastic, but all the videos seem to have been pulled

Perfect choice...

It seems I lean on Nathaniel in a lot of these challenges; his writing really gets to me. This album is full of self reflection, as well as thoughts on love lost, lives lost, and the will to keep going. The Song Exploder episode that covers this album is fantastic.

IMG_4485.JPG

1. “F*** it, Dude. Let’s go bowling.”
Let’s get the ball rolling, let’s get this party started!

The wife can't stay awake past 9, even on vacation, but our hotel has a game room with darts and foosball, so I grabbed a few cans of a peach lagers I found at Peach World down the street from our hotel and I'm throwing darts listening to some tunes on my phone.

Bowling For Soup - Rock On Honorable Ones
Screenshot_2023-07-02-21-55-08-63_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg

Back