Life goes on, man! The July 2023 Challenge!

That was fun @gafacaode ! Thanks for organizing the month!

big-lebowski-thank-you.gif

Here's what my month ended looking like with your prompts:

chart (6).png

31. “This is bowling. There are rules.”
There are not. Free play!

Julie Byrne - The Greater Wings

20230731_115158.jpg

Latest purchase. Recently has become a top50 of the year for me. Frustrated with bad QC, as there is a light woosh throughout all of side A. Normally would let this slide, but it is too distracting on a gentle, fragile record like this. It was exacerbated by listening on headphones two nights ago. Going to try for a replacement by contacting the label.

EDIT: Ghostly is sending me a replacement. Hoping for a better copy, but suspect that it might be a pressing defect.

Last edited:
OK, I finally finished setting up the August thread (here, if you’re interested). Let’s finish this…

Day 29: “Ah, that must be exhausting.”

I’ll listen to pretty much anything when I’m tired, though that’s when I’m not too big on getting up every 20 minutes or so to flip the record over, so it’d be either streaming or playing a random CD.

IMG_6880.jpeg

Tove Lo - Queen of the Clouds: (Blueprint Edition)

IMG_6881.jpeg

Last edited:
31. “This is bowling. There are rules.”
There are not. Free play!

In what's shaping to be a very busy November concert wise (I've got tickets to see Thundercat and to the Primavera Sound Festivals in Buenos Aires and São Paulo) I purchased tix to see Pulp! I still can't believe that I'll be able to see Pulp, Blur and The Cure in the span of 4 days.

Pulp - We Love Life

IMG_5463.jpeg

Back