Life goes on, man! The July 2023 Challenge!

Day 29: “Ah, that must be exhausting.”
What do you like to listen to when you’re tired?

Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow
IMG_5832.jpeg

There are two ways you can go with music when you are tired. Either you can relent and put on something to sooth and relax, helping you drift off to a restful slumber…or you can choose to fight back against the urge and play something that helps you power through to your second wind. With Lightning Bolt I have chosen the latter, not to surrender to the exhaustion and instead to carry on with the helped of this thundering cacophony of noise plummeting my cranium. Getting me going in a way that only pure adrenaline or pure cocaine could ever compete with.

I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

Last edited:
Day 29: “Ah, that must be exhausting.”

Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow
View attachment 178851

There are two ways you can go with music when you are tired. Either you can relent and put on something to sooth and relax, helping you drift on to a restful slumber…or you can choose to fight back against the urge and play something that helps you power through to your second wind. With Lightning Bolt I have chosen the latter, not to surrender to the exhaustion and instead to carry on with the helped of this thundering cacophony of noise plummeting my cranium. Getting me going in a way that only pure adrenaline and narcotics could ever compete with.

I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

Funny enough, sometimes this kind of music soothes me and I've fallen asleep to Lightning Bolt on more than one occasion. I so regret never seeing them back when I had the youthful energy and constitution for alcohol and other party favors.

Funny enough, sometimes this kind of music soothes me and I've fallen asleep to Lightning Bolt on more than one occasion. I so regret never seeing them back when I had the youthful energy and constitution for alcohol and other party favors.

Not nearly as wild as Lightning Bolt, but my 6-year-old fell asleep to Tool's Fear Inoculum without fail every time I put it on in the car back when he was 2 and it was brand new. He didn't believe me when I told him last week while we were playing it on the drive back to his mom's place.

29. Ah, that must be exhausting.”

Bob Marley & The Wailers "Exodus" (1977 Island Records; 2023 Analogue Productions reissue)
When I'm tired I could go the two ways @TenderLovingKiller® mentioned. When going the mellower route, I like some deep smooth basslines, like some Sade or reggae. Let that bass rock steady me to an even more chill state. Also, I've had several glasses of wine with an awesome steak dinner. Closed it out with some local soft and blue cheeses and a nice tawny port. Total splurge I haven't done in forever and I have the absolute perfect buzz going as I wash it down with an espresso... Bob is about as good as is can get right now.

IMG_0275.JPG

Not nearly as wild as Lightning Bolt, but my 6-year-old fell asleep to Tool's Fear Inoculum without fail every time I put it on in the car back when he was 2 and it was brand new. He didn't believe me when I told him last week while we were playing it on the drive back to his mom's place.
I’ve never seen Braveheart. Something about the opening scene knocks me out and I wake up during the credits. This has happened about 6 or 7 times.

2mvqvo.gif

I’ve never seen Braveheart. Something about the opening scene knocks me out and I wake up during the credits. This has happened about 6 or 7 times.

I had similar issues trying to watch Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas while sober back around the time it came out. Made it through once I got lightly to moderately toasted but that was after at least 5 or 6 sober tries.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Canadian study from January that indicated that any amount of alcohol was bad for your health turned out to have many flaws, including a massive conflict of interest (the authors didn't disclose that they were sponsored by a pro-abstinence group).

So cheers!

IMG_0276.JPG

Also, I'd like to point out that the Canadian study from January that indicated that any amount of alcohol was bad for your health turned out to have many flaws, including a massive conflict of interest (the authors didn't disclose that they were sponsored by a pro-abstinence group).

So cheers!

View attachment 178895
You want what? I'm gonna pour myself a little limoncello

So cheers!

View attachment 178895

You want what? I'm gonna pour myself a little limoncello

Cheers for joining me, man!

12c5ad135b799ddbcf172246173bed25.jpg

I'm in!
(Sort of)

1000007366.jpg

Back