Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

I started very late last year.
Got 70 as of this week.

Im already wondering what my life will be like in 20 yrs with no space to walk

Things become a learned behavior...but there's a limit. My wife has said this is it as far as storage goes. I think I could get another 2x4 to replace the Amazon boxes without much issue from her....but then that's it.

I'm sure I'll finally have to do a major purge/cull/sell off eventually, but I'm not there yet.

My collection is the few cubes in the lower right... This is the family living room, so as you can see the set-up also shares space with the TV and Switch.

IMG-20190518-133002614.jpg

How many just LPs do you think you have?
ha, not a huge number, probably under 3,000. I actually think that's too many, for me the perfect number, so I could spin them all more than once a damn year, would be under 800...

It's all relative anyway. Was in a rec store a while ago and got talking to the old fella running it, "how many lp's you got at home?" "oh I dunno, about 40,000..."

That's my entire wall x 11.....

I started very late last year.
Got 70 as of this week.

Im already wondering what my life will be like in 20 yrs with no space to walk

Oh..i sometimes think the same thing and wonder if I might end up on a episode of Hoarders in like 20 years. A big problem I have is I can be a bit of a completist. I also love finding new music, which this place has been great for. So all of a sudden I have 3 or 4 four albums of a band or artist I have hardly heard before. I just really like the experience of finding new stuff. Jeeesh.. Maybe I have a problem, I kind of sound like I'm at an Vinyl Addicts Anonymous meeting. 😂

That’s exactly what they are. I love them! It’s so much better to be able to flip through than just looking at the spines :) I live 10 miles from where they’re made so I was able to avoid the shipping costs but I was still prepared to pay the shipping anyways for them. Highly recommended!

Those are really cool. Love idea of flipping through vinyl. Is this the same company as yours?

Show off your collection, remember size doesn't matter!

I’m a grower, not a shower.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

Here’s modest collection. I have a 2x2 stacked and anchored on top of a 2x4, and in the corner a 1x2 on top of a 1x4 that is just for jazz. About ~700 albums currently. Very modest around these parts but I’ve only been collecting for ~2 years now.

58579708-806B-4F94-B9DB-FCF76BE82D20.jpeg

Last edited:
I started just cleaning down here...but it has gotten where I decided I didn't really like my desk in the middle of the room...so it and my speakers are moving back to where I originally had them when we moved in.

So much more room for activities.

20190518_204855 (2).jpg

I don't know why I thought moving the desk to the middle of the room was a good idea. Still need to work on some cable management on that network switch.

i want that fucking han solo rug/mat/whatever

Don't let that Amazon size fool you....that large one that I have is 39 x 91 inches.

The smaller one is 31.5" x 71.5"

Last edited:
3-B856-D26-DC40-4-BB0-964-F-FEDCB5-F71419.jpg

I’m not on the level of everyone else in this thread when it comes to record collection size. But it has grown a little bit since posting in the other thread on VMP forums. I’m almost on my 4th square. Slowly but surely.

Hey, we can form an almost to 4 squares club! All those losers with 56,237 albums have to wait outside and be jealous.

I’m a grower, not a shower.

Sorry, someone had to say it.

Here’s modest collection. I have a 2x2 stacked and anchored on top of a 2x4, and in the corner a 1x2 on top of a 1x4 that is just for jazz. About ~700 albums currently. Very modest around these parts but I’ve only been collecting for ~2 years now.

View attachment 1004

When I scan past this photo the top stuff literally moves like an illusion kinda wtf hahah so trippy

How many per square??? I think I said I got 70.
Am I even 2 squares lol
2 square club!

While we at it.. technically isnt he doing it wrong? He on littles instead of longs lol

Technically. But on the 2x2 or when you use the 2x4 on its side rather than it’s end it’s not as crucial, there isn’t the “twist force” to allow it wrench itself apart. On the 4x4 and bigger it’s absolutely crucial that you put the weight on the longer boards.

Ok, built another hanging record crate today. And, of course, I already need another. Thinking I'm going to build a 3x2 unit for my TT to sit on. The old school TT cabinet that it sits in now is not ideal, and offers absolutely no isolation. Every time my kids stomp through the room, it resonates through.

20190519_205350_compress50.jpg

Back