Let's See Your Collection! Any Size!

I’m in Rockland County, just under an hour north of the city.

My sound system is currently a couple of self-powered 2-way speakers that I’ve also used for DJ gigs.

My “proper” system is still in storage. I’m waiting for some time and expert consultation from a rigger friend to hang the speakers from my rafters. It’s something of a Frankenstein monster: a pair of wood cabinet 15” three way Electro Voice speakers from the 80’s that I push with a Mesa Boogie 50/50 stereo tube amp and an Alesis 60 band EQ. I plug the outs from my Rane Empath DJ mixer into that.

-or at least I used to.

It’s been a process getting everything together!
Cool. A room that nice deserves a good playback system and some great listening.

EV-15's btw ? I have heard some rooms with hung Klipsch Cornwall's (what I use) that sounded wonderful

Cool. A room that nice deserves a good playback system and some great listening.

EV-15's btw ? I have heard some rooms with hung Klipsch Cornwall's (what I use) that sounded wonderful

Interesting about the Cornwalls you suggest, they weigh about 78lbs. My EVs weigh around 60. The weight issue has kept me from attempting it myself. But it’s good to know that you’ve seen something heavier which has been hung in a home setting.

I’d love to have a true audiophile set up one day. It’s a matter of us having purchased a fixer-upper and my wife would automatically veto a set of 6K speakers at this juncture!

Veto with extreme prejudice, you could say.
😹

Last edited:
Interesting about the Cornwalls you suggest, they weigh about 78lbs. My EVs weigh around 60. The weight issue has kept me from attempting it myself. But it’s good to know that you’ve seen something heavier which has been hung in a home setting.

I’d love to have a true audiophile set up one day. It’s a matter of us having purchased a fixer-upper and my wife would automatically veto a set of 6K speakers at this juncture!

😹
I wish I could find you a photo for reference, all mine are packed away somewhere, but Ole Blue in Daegu, South Korea is a jazz bar I attended regularly in 2000-2003 and there cd bar side (their is also a live stage side) had Cornwall's hanging driven my McIntosh electronics. I'm sure they were installed by a pro Installation service or rigger so it can be done, but just keep that in mind.

Here is a photo of a older rendition of Wendy Carlos' studio, where you can see Cornwalls hanging
1652311132753.png

Last edited:

😹

My first house was a fixer upper and a great way to build equity. Eventually, my wife insisted we needed to move into a bigger/better place. I reluctantly agreed provided I could a) have a dedicated music room and b) do a serious upgrade the stereo system.

A win/win. So hang in there and build up the vinyl collection a bit in the meantime.

Are they siblings or are you just a weirdo that only adopts black and white cats?

2 of them are a brother and sister rescue cats taken as a pair as they didn’t want to split them up and no one else wanted them ...the third is a young cat that my sister found abandoned cold and wet in Birmingham that came our way later

I think our neighbors think we must be weirdos !

I have toyed with getting 2 more for a 5 a side footy team effect

2 of them are a brother and sister rescue cats taken as a pair as they didn’t want to split them up and no one else wanted them ...the third is a young cat that my sister found abandoned cold and wet in Birmingham that came our way later

I think our neighbors think we must be weirdos !

I have toyed with getting 2 more for a 5 a side footy team effect

Full starting 11 or bust 😂

@Gavaxeman wins!!!!

Kitties>>>>Mid Century Modern

I don’t write the rules, I just follow em.
@nolalady is correct. The only thing that tops a cat is comparing someone to Hitler or Nazi Germany. BUT multiple cats trump everything. I don't have the rule book with me but this was how it was explained to me by @Mathew Chupacabra J.D.

@nolalady is correct. The only thing that tops a cat is comparing someone to Hitler or Nazi Germany. BUT multiple cats trump everything. I don't have the rule book with me but this was how it was explained to me by @Mathew Chupacabra J.D.

Oh dear. I’m afraid you’ve had the “Things To Never Do” book represented to you as the rules book…

To be fair that’s actually ketchup. We were having a forum lawyers bbq and someone mentioned it a little too loudly in his earshot. Hooks for hands and squeezy plastic bottles of condiments don’t mix so well…
I'm initiating a class action lawsuit against Heinz because:
A. Those squeezy bottles are prejudicial against mythical hook handed creatures. It's been 3 days and I'm still finding ketchup in weird crevasses.
B. Heinz sounds like the type of guy who would be friends with Hitler.

Back