Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

It's okay. All are welcome. You just have to post some geeky gear pics...

Extra points if it’s the weed gear.
Currently going through the house selling process as the wife and I are splitsville, so my setup is mostly disassembled, but when I'm in my new place with my new setup I will provide the requested goods on all fronts.

In the process of moving the collection to the basement and decided while I have the space to A/B some carts, phonos, and tables. Pretty convinced I’m going to switch the Ortofon Blue out with the Grado Opus 3. Also the Insight hands down beats any other phono I have.
IMG_1600.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m the process of moving the collection to the basement and decided while I have the space to A/B some carts, phonos, and tables. Pretty convinced I’m going to switch the Ortofon Blue out with the Grado Opus 3. Also the Insight hands down beats any other phono I have.
View attachment 200179
You had wood panelling and didn't have your stereo down there the whole time!?

You had wood panelling and didn't have your stereo down there the whole time!?
It was a disaster down here for several years with moisture and radon issues. Too risky! Now that it’s all sorted I feel better about making some moves. Also the kids needed a playroom. We have made some… compromises.

It was a disaster down here for several years with moisture and radon issues. Too risky! Now that it’s all sorted I feel better about making some moves. Also the kids needed a playroom. We have made some… compromises.
The family room is the playroom in our house. Basically every room except the listening room and my wife’s office belong to the kid.

Yeah. If I turn the camera around it looks like a bomb went off of duplo blocks and animal toys.
The missing shots from my listening room are the wood stove and the pile of stuff that is in transition to storage or needing project work:

image.jpg
The wood are shelves for the wife’s office.

“Family room”. Live shot-
image.jpg

I asked because like I said, not really an aesthetic thing in my room anymore. Room was echoey as fuck before 3000 records, four shelves, couches, chairs and rug.
Yeah the carpet and couch are doing wonders to take out the echo. The office was four walls and vinyl plank. Systems sounds way better down here when the kids aren’t causing havoc.

It also looks like the bathroom?
End stages of potty training. Potty for when she has waited too long. Assume it will be moved to the laundry room this weekend and live there moving forward. She (knock on wood) hasn’t really needed it for about a week. Problem is there are still gates through most of the house and she’s still a bit too curious for her own good.

I asked because like I said, not really an aesthetic thing in my room anymore. Room was echoey as fuck before 3000 records, four shelves, couches, chairs and rug.

Wood would be as good a finish as any, probably better than gypsum plaster but is probably not as important as the construction and internal composition of the wall. From what I gather cork insulation is very very good for sound absorbency. My feeling is that straw bail construction and the newer insulating lime plasters with shredded cork in them as a binder would be pretty strong options too.

Wood would be as good a finish as any, probably better than gypsum plaster but is probably not as important as the construction and internal composition of the wall. From what I gather cork insulation is very very good for sound absorbency. My feeling is that straw bail construction and the newer insulating lime plasters with shredded cork in them as a binder would be pretty strong options too.
I mean I’ll be lucky to make the very humble upgrades I want to make. I don’t think the wife is gonna sign on for a Reno and treatments are one million percent not an option. Hell I can’t get her and the kid out of the house without me for long enough to set up the room correction.

Back