Let's See What Makes Your Vinyl Spin!

Wish me luck that the table doesn’t bounce tomorrow:
View attachment 195982
The console isn’t centered because of that damn gate. It will be up until at least Christmas. The table is centered so chill out @Mather
Console centered, distinct lack of precariously placed vertically mounted electric guitar directly over top of turntable.
This setup is Mather Approved™.

Console centered, distinct lack of precariously placed vertically mounted electric guitar directly over top of turntable.
This setup is Mather Approved™.
It was never precarious.

This is the other side of the room:
IMG_6405.jpeg
It is getting ready to be completely change. The big chair is of course, the listening chair. That’s a 4x2 behind the sofa. I have a 5x5 going in there. Will put it together probably weekend after next. (My dad is getting married tomorrow and my birthday is the following weekend. So will be able to get my daughter and her bo over to assist.).

The Kishi above the chair will probably go above the table. Will that be okay?

The guitar will go were Simon and Garfunkel are.

This is view from the listening chair (and why I need the wife to take the kid somewhere so I can set up the Dirac)
IMG_6406.jpeg

It’s messy cause I just installed a shelf and rearranged the rack. I’m sorry and also very tired.

Where is the Guitar of Damocles?
It was never precarious.

View attachment 195983
It is getting ready to be completely change. The big chair is of course, the listening chair. That’s a 4x2 behind the sofa. I have a 5x5 going in there. Will put it together probably weekend after next. (My dad is getting married tomorrow and my birthday is the following weekend. So will be able to get my daughter and her bo over to assist.).

This is view from the listening chair (and why I need the wife to take the kid somewhere so I can set up the Dirac)
View attachment 195984

It’s messy cause I just installed a shelf and rearranged the rack. I’m sorry and also very tired.
Currently on the sofa.

It was never precarious.

View attachment 195983

View attachment 195984

That’s a very extreme way of protecting your turntable

I was kinda drunk on Saturday night listening to tunes and decided I needed to isolate the Luna because tubes are microphonic and all that. Bought a set of washing machine isolatation feet and they arrived today. No idea at all if they make a difference but for €11 they don’t make things worse so it’s no loss.

IMG_0822.jpegIMG_0823.jpeg

I was kinda drunk on Saturday night listening to tunes and decided I needed to isolate the Luna because tubes are microphonic and all that. Bought a set of washing machine isolatation feet and they arrived today. No idea at all if they make a difference but for €11 they don’t make things worse so it’s no loss.

View attachment 196197View attachment 196198
What’s in the box, man? (The one under the Primaluna)

Oh it’s a little tool box that I keep in the gap under the bottom shelf. It’s all my turntable and system tools and accessories.
Cool. I’ve been trying to figure something out similarly. I will probably just end up building a box sometime in the next year when I start getting my shop in working order.

I’ve got a back up belt, my most recent old stylus, my vtf gauge, my protractor, my weight, my clamp (and washer), the onzow (bought a new one, reminds me I need to put an expiry date on it), my needle brush, my 45 adaptor. I’m hoping there is enough room in the drawer I bought for the new five by five for sleeves and my spin clean towels, fluid and my acrylic cleaning stuff, but we’ll see.

I also need to build the damn 45 crate I cut pieces for prepandemic. Same with the trim I bought to use as stops in the kallax. So…. That box is never getting built…

Last edited:
Today has been surreal.. I'm jittery still. It was a vinyl and 15ips tape day, and It was just an incredible christening with Jon. We listened all day to these beautiful speakers that he built. We discussed what we were hearing and it was just "another world experience for me. He felt the same. We do not bullshit anyone and certainly not each other. We have been at times brutally honest with each other and that's why it so fun we we listen.

Steve Deckert has a winner in this speaker he calls the HDT v 2.

Charlie

IMG-7616.jpg

IMG-7614.jpg

IMG-7611.jpg

IMG-7612.jpg

IMG-7613.jpg
Extremely cool room Charlie. Welcome and thanks for sharing. It’s not everyday you see a room with multiple R2R decks! Switching machines, or is it one dedicated to 15 and one dedicated to 30?

IMG_0026.JPG

Current state of things with a couple of new toys :)

I picked up one of those Studiodeck Foundations when MD was blowing them out. It replaced a Technics SL-1500. I live in an older house with suspended wooden floors, and when turned up I always fight feedback and footfalls. I thought the delrin in the new table might help. Man has it ever. Much quieter, and zero feedback. With the Zazen platform it's just what I was hoping to hear. I think the Mofi sounds slightly better, although I really like the Technics too. I'm guessing the longer arm and the delrin platter are making a difference. I do prefer the longer arm.

I also replaced the amp. I was running a Yamaha A-S801. I had that a couple of years. At times, I put in an older pair of ELAC UB5s, and that Yamaha was really polite. I just put in a Arcam Radia A15 in it's place. More grunt, and deeper bass. I like both of the amps, but the Arcam really makes the ELACs sing. The Yamaha didn't. Perhaps the power supply is responsible. The amps are certainly voiced different. With the KLHs setup, the amp grabs the bass in a way the Yamaha didn't. Although I am going to miss the variable loudness on the Yamaha.

And yeah, I've been told the tree is staying lol. So, Merry Christmas to me!

Back