Digital sources
Bluesound node 2i streamer new

Speakers
EMERALD PHYSICS KCII PRO speakers new
MB custom 12" subwoofer x 4 new

Cables
Bluejean cables through out new

Listening room size 20' long x 14' wide x 9' in height

Bass traps and absorbers throughout the room.

So finally hooked up my vintage Hitachi sdt 2690 r music centre to the speakers (invested in new cable and connections) ..next job is to clean the lid up a bit (toothpaste hack) and need to see if I’m brave enough to ch age the bulb at the front to get that green radio band lighting up ...my 70’s vibe coming on strong now ..and got a new chair ..just need that kallax to arrive and done

D998F3E9-1133-4A8D-963A-A26EF399C0A7.jpeg8662FE78-B15D-44FD-BAC7-A58A8B64F55A.jpeg

You sent me down a rabbit hole looking at the smaller Pro-Ject record cleaner even though I'm totally happy with my Squeaky Clean.
For the record, I think the smaller Pro-Ject, VC-E, has a pretty major design flaw with the exhaust blowing directly into the back of the record - aka where you just cleaned. Apparently they are now shipping with an acrylic platter, which negates the best theoretical part of the design - no putting a clean record on a dirty platter.

We'll see how the VC-S works out, but I'm looking forward to it.

For the record, I think the smaller Pro-Ject, VC-E, has a pretty major design flaw with the exhaust blowing directly into the back of the record - aka where you just cleaned. Apparently they are now shipping with an acrylic platter, which negates the best theoretical part of the design - no putting a clean record on a dirty platter.

We'll see how the VC-S works out, but I'm looking forward to it.

I had read there’s a new component shipping with the unit to divert the exhaust, but maybe this is the platter you’re mentioning. Hadn’t seen any pictures.

I had read there’s a new component shipping with the unit to divert the exhaust, but maybe this is the platter you’re mentioning. Hadn’t seen any pictures.
This video was posted to the SH forums:
*2:00 minute mark is where they take it out of the box.

Blimey

who’d have thought moving 6000 cds and 3000 vinyl would take so long

latest pictures - all cds now in one room - customised one of my spinning towers which looks rather good - all lamps in - weighted bottom shelf’s do can start filling the A’s from the top left across - but that’s another day jobView attachment 62124View attachment 62125View attachment 62126
Everything looks fantastic! I've been looking for a CD storage solution and these rotating units look pretty nice and would take up less space, I'll have to look into them. ;)

Blimey

who’d have thought moving 6000 cds and 3000 vinyl would take so long

latest pictures - all cds now in one room - customised one of my spinning towers which looks rather good - all lamps in - weighted bottom shelf’s do can start filling the A’s from the top left across - but that’s another day jobView attachment 62124View attachment 62125View attachment 62126

You’ve just confirmed that I’m a Beatles nerd. Those Vox amps you have models of were called the Super Beatle. They were 100 watts- and were a big jump from the 30 watt amps they started with. They used Super Beatles when they played Shea Stadium. Of course, 100 watts (each) was still woefully inadequate for an outdoor venue with 60,000 hysterical fans.

You’ve just confirmed that I’m a Beatles nerd. Those Vox amps you have models of were called the Super Beatle. They were 100 watts- and were a big jump from the 30 watt amps they started with. They used Super Beatles when they played Shea Stadium. Of course, 100 watts (each) was still woefully inadequate for an outdoor venue with 60,000 hysterical fans.
I didnt know thy played that show without a PA system! That explains a lot. Was that the norm back then, and Beatles fans were just on another level of scream?

Back