June 2020 Record Challenge Thread (The RAFFLE continues!)

Day 16: Art prints

Kamasi Washington - Harmony of Difference

These aren't prints per se, as they're just photos of beautiful paintings by Kamasi's sister Amani to go with the album. She created six, each of the first five inspired by the first five movements of the album, and the sixth a combination of all five: "an abstract depiction of a human face."

IMG_20200616_134301.jpgIMG_20200616_134334.jpg

Day 16 – Prints, get your prints, what is a piece of art that came with your record that you want to show off

Larry Young - Larry Young In Paris: The ORTF Recordings (Resonance Records, 2016 limited, hand-numbered pressing 1938/2000)

I picked this fantastic set up after listening and loving the Bill Evans at the Top Of The Gate release from Resonance. As far as packages go, Resonance is hard to beat. This 2LP set includes a gatefold, booklet (which is fantastic) and a set of these incredible post card size prints. One day when I get the time (and space) I would like to frame these as they are superb!

IMG_8291.JPG
IMG_8292.JPG

Tuesday (16) – Prints, get your prints, what is a piece of art that came with your record that you want to show off

Todd Terje - It‘s Album Time

259D1F19-F6C8-4A32-9B4E-206DE43DDE70.jpeg

I love everything about this album, especially the quirky artwork that carries through from the album cover to the record labels and this random art print that’s included.

F9D42B67-7796-4C0A-AB07-77B9DDA0075A.jpeg

Tuesday (16) – Prints, get your prints, what is a piece of art that came with your record that you want to show off

There's this great record club, perhaps you all have heard of it? Anyway, this month's record came with an obi, the option for a signed edition, and a limited artwork print by the artist! ... and Bob! 🐶

Nicole Atkins ‎– Goodnight Rhonda Lee - N&G AOTM Sept 2019

IMG_20200616_150505.jpgIMG_20200616_150650.jpg

There's this great record club, perhaps you all have heard of it? Anyway, this month's record came with an obi, the option for a signed edition, and a limited artwork print by the artist! ... and Bob! 🐶

Nicole Atkins ‎– Goodnight Rhonda Lee - N&G AOTM Sept 2019

View attachment 52241View attachment 52242

Hi there Bob.! You handsome devil.

Wednesday (17) – Older Adolescent: Ahh college and the introduction to godspeed, how did your tastes change

An artist I've listened to very very much, especially between being 18 and 27 years of age is Tori Amos. First album I've got to know from her is the incredible "Boys for Pele" from 1996. ❤️ I soon discovered her amazing former albums "Little earthquakes" and "Under the pink", followed her later releases and been to many of her amazing concerts in Germany. 💐

Her outstanding lyrics are full of symbolism, references to myths, fairy tales etc and very deep/ open to interpretation. As someone who loves literature a lot I was blown away. She's still one of my favorite female artists. As I have all her albums just on CD, I play a picture disc 7" of her single "God" from "Under the pink". 💜

Tori Amos "God"

IMG_20200605_090455.jpg

Day 17 - Older Adolescent: Ahh college and the introduction to godspeed, how did your tastes change.

Lupe Fiasco's The Cool & Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor

Bonus two-for-one here! My tastes really didn't change much in college, but much more so after college. However, I do distinctly remember a hallmate of mine my freshman year introducing me to The Cool when it came out and forcing me to listen to Food & Liquor as well. Both albums are in my top 25 hip hop albums of all time, so I'm definitely thankful for that recommendation!

Back