July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 28: Memphis Grizzlies

Play an album from an artist from Memphis or an album that has a reference to a bear somewhere in it.

Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty

View attachment 147250

Day 29: New Orleans Pelicans

Play an album from an artist from New Orleans or from an artist who has changed identities more than once in their career (the New Orleans team has been the Jazz and the Hornets in the past, not even counting the ABA New Orleans Buccaneers).

Tank and the Bangas - Green Balloon

80C7FC4A-2544-4F3B-8F40-97478BB46CE0.jpeg

Play an album from an artist from New Orleans or from an artist who has changed identities more than once in their career (the New Orleans team has been the Jazz and the Hornets in the past, not even counting the ABA New Orleans Buccaneers).

James Booker - The Lost Paramount Tapes
4F63E3A3-74D4-4A85-B7FB-F7296B7B77AE.jpeg
An excellent album I am glad VMP introduced me to. The Pels are still establishing themselves as a franchise (even though they’re technically the original Charlotte Hornets franchise). AD was super talented but couldn’t stay healthy, sadly I think this may end up being the same story with Zion. I hope I’m wrong because when healthy, Zion IS A BEAST!

Day 30: San Antonio Spurs
Play an album from an artist from Texas (and yes, please make it a different city than Day 26 and 27) or an artist who has spurred you on in your musical journey.

A Texas two-step - The Pearl of Port Arthur singing a song written by The Bard of Brownsville...

Janis Joplin - Pearl

20220730_011458.jpg

Play an album from an artist from Texas (and yes, please make it a different city than Day 26 and 27) or an artist who has spurred you on in your musical journey.

Butthole Surfers - Locust Abortion Technician
EF855269-03A6-4296-AB0B-4B79A749A61F.jpeg

… by the way, one of the most awesomely fucked up bands in my collection is also from the home of The Alamo. I love the Spurs, they have awesome jerseys and color scheme, they have the greatest modern NBA coach in Pop, and they got rings!… What more could anybody want in a franchise? I bet The Worm and Gibby Haynes could have a really wild conversation if given the opportunity.

Last edited:

Tank and the Bangas - Green Balloon

View attachment 147305

Gary Clark Jr. - The Story of Sonny Boy Slim

9CD15DD2-92AB-4136-981B-93CED138BC05.jpeg

Back