July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Day 26: Dallas Mavericks
Play an album from an artist from Texas or from an artist who is considered a maverick.

Elliott Smith - Elliott Smith

While he was born in Nebraska and is more associated with Portland, Elliott was raised in Dentonville, Texas, and had a tattoo of the state on one of his shoulders.

20200716_175707-jpg.57080

Day 26: Dallas Mavericks

Play an album from an artist from Texas or from an artist who is considered a maverick.

T.Y.E. - 32

View attachment 147007

Day 27: Houston Rockets

Play an album from an artist from Texas (a different city than Day 26) or an album with a space reference.

Johnny Guitar Watson - Giant

BFC5EE68-48DB-459C-9C00-00E2D032F10E.jpeg

Day 28: Memphis Grizzlies

Play an album from an artist from Memphis or an album that has a reference to a bear somewhere in it.

Jay Reatard - Blood Vision
52EC5761-9FF6-4D16-B573-6E52AD990BD2.jpeg

Memphis is an excellent city for music, not so much for basketball. Jay Reatard was pure energy, and so is Ja Morant. I thinkThe Grizz’s best days are in front of ‘em as long as Ja, my current favorite NBA player (though he couldn’t take Jordan in his prime, I do appreciate his moxy), can stay healthy.

Play an album from an artist from Memphis or an album that has a reference to a bear somewhere in it.

Jay Reatard - Blood Vision
View attachment 147216

Memphis is an excellent city for music, not so much for basketball. Jay Reatard was pure energy, and so is Ja Morant. I thinkThe Grizz’s best days are in front of ‘em as long as Ja, my current favorite NBA player (though he couldn’t take Jordan in his prime, I do appreciate his moxy), can stay healthy.

Damn, scooped!

Day 27: Houston Rockets

Play an album from an artist from Texas (a different city than Day 26) or an album with a space reference.

Johnny Guitar Watson - Giant

View attachment 147168

Grizzly Bear - Horn of Plenty

0DD6245B-39F5-464C-B523-34267131590D.jpeg

Day 29: New Orleans Pelicans
Play an album from an artist from New Orleans or from an artist who has changed identities more than once in their career (the New Orleans team has been the Jazz and the Hornets in the past, not even counting the ABA New Orleans Buccaneers).

Dr. John, The Night Tripper - The Sun, Moon & Herbs

20220722_222536.jpg

Back