July '22 N&G Vinyl Spin Challenge - Ball So Hard, M*****f***ers Want To Fine Me

Minnesota sports are weird. Like I don’t objectively hate any of their franchises though they share divisions with many teams that I do root for and most of their teams (outside the T-Wolves) have been pretty successful but have never sustained dominance for any stretch of time. Even the two worlds series titles they won during my lifetime kinda felt like flukes.
Just the Vikings for me. They are my least favorite NFL franchise.

Day 19: Portland Trail Blazers

Play an album from an artist from Oregon or an album that was ahead of its time.

Red Fang - Red Fang
B197A0B7-2693-4025-BD4F-21D154146233.jpeg

Portland has an eclectic mixture of music. I wanted to show off some of their more hard Rockin’ side.

The Blazers have some of my favorite uniforms in basketball and I love their bold Black, White, and Red color schemes. Clyde “The Glide” Drexler and Cliff Robison rocking the headband were a joy to watch, Arvydas Sebomis was an amazing talent I wish he woulda been able to join the league a decade earlier, but my all time favorite Blazer was Sheed. Rasheed Wallace was so much fun to watch. He loved playing the role of the bad guy.

Last edited:
Just the Vikings for me. They are my least favorite NFL franchise.
Not the Bears!?!!. Now, I am jealous of the unrequited hate. You make feel like my White Sox>Cubs>Cards rivalry in Baseball. all Sox fan hate the Cubs but Cubs fans main rivals are the Cards. The only time Cubs fan even acknowledges our existence is during the crosstown classic.

Not the Bears!?!!. Now, I am jealous of the unrequited hate. You make feel like my White Sox>Cubs>Cards rivalry in Baseball. all Sox fan hate the Cubs but Cubs fans main rivals are the Cards. The only time Cubs fan even acknowledges our existence is during the crosstown classic.
Bears might be my most hated. And The Packers. And The Vikings. And The Cowboys. But that's it for the hate....there are some strong dislikes though after that though.

I hate the Bears as a rival, but there's definitely some respect in that old rivalry, and for their history, that puts them above a few teams. Vikings have much more toxic fans I've noticed as well.

I hate the Bears as a rival, but there's definitely some respect in that old rivalry, and for their history, that puts them above a few teams. Vikings have much more toxic fans I've noticed as well.
Then there's me hating on everyone as a Lions fan, but of course I hate our oldest rivals the most, the Lions.

Then there's me hating on everyone as a Lions fan, but of course I hate our oldest rivals the most, the Lions.
Also, it never feels good when all the teams you hate don’t necessarily hate you back but instead pity you. I think most of the NFC North roots for The Lions to do well except for when they are in direct competition.

Day 20: Utah Jazz

Play an album from an artist from the Mountain West (Utah, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming - the other states in this region are covered elsewhere) or do I really need to say it? A jazz album. Just play a jazz album and don't overthink this.

Izaak Opatz - Mariachi Static
96C1433A-F16A-47C1-8697-AE9782940AAB.jpeg

Izaak isn’t from Montana but he currently resides (and makes leather goods) in Missoula. His music is excellent haven’t tried one of his belts yet though.

I am not much of a fan of Utah Jazz. Stockton and Malone were both assholes. The Jazz logo is cool but what a dumb name for a franchise based in SLC. I don't know, old YouTube video highlights of Pistol Pete make it seem like he woulda been fun to watch I guess.

Last edited:
Day 18: Oklahoma City Thunder
Day 18: Seattle Supersonics

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside

804D2B88-48DE-42B1-8CE8-A59AC7A3B550.jpeg

Like @TenderLovingKiller® , I also could not celebrate that a coffee man once promised us he’d never let the Sonics leave, only to leave us teamless within a few years. Still heartbroken.

My favorite band from my dearly-missed West Seattle released this album May 1996, just a few weeks before the Sonics met the Bulls in the NBA Finals. Before that, I thought I’d never see a Seattle team ever go to any championship (and we wouldn’t again until the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl in 2005). We ended up losing, but man, it was still a pretty magical series

1658363677300.jpeg

Like @TenderLovingKiller® , I also could not celebrate that a coffee man once promised us he’d never let the Sonics leave, only to leave us teamless within a few years. Still heartbroken.

I would like to add that, by definition, thunder is a downgrade, since it only travels at the speed of sound, which is definitely not supersonic.

Day 19: Portland Trail Blazers

Play an album from an artist from Oregon or an album that was ahead of its time.

She & Him - Volume 3

View attachment 146381

Day 20: Utah Jazz

Play an album from an artist from the Mountain West (Utah, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming - the other states in this region are covered elsewhere) or do I really need to say it? A jazz album. Just play a jazz album and don't overthink this.

Donald Byrd - Stepping into Tomorrow

D15C154D-E1C8-47ED-BBDD-B66D88262F16.jpeg

Day 14: Orlando Magic

Play an album from an artist from Florida or an album that you consider magical.

Björk - Post

Definitely magical.

img_20220305_171901058-jpg.131226

Back