July 2020 Record Challenge (The Raffle Strikes Back)

Day 10 - BON APPETIT

Various ‎– Chef (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Well this is my definitive pick for today's challenge. The film Chef makes me hungry without fail and its a genuine feel-good film which I never get tired of. One of the highlights of the film is the incredibly well-curated soundtrack. I was looking for this vinyl copy for years but it always demanded crazy prices. I finally found this copy from a seller in France (he claimed it was the last copy for sale in the country :ROFLMAO:) who had it listed for the original RRP. Its just a killer collection of songs and well worth listening to!

IMG_6534.JPG

Day 10 - Bone Apple Tea

F7216CFC-0B48-4524-A1A7-77ABE0A15D16.jpeg

Rob Swift presents Soulful Fruit

A healthy alternative! I actually play a lot of music while I cook but none of it is really food related it's ether upbeat or in the background! This at least makes you want some nice healthy fruit, right?!?

Day 9: JUST GIVE IT TIME

For a long time I thought this was a good but unexceptional album. For reasons I can’t quite explain, the older I get the more I believe 1994-96 Oasis was one of the best rock bands ever.

View attachment 55955

If you had seen them live in 94/95 they were absolutely on fire ..best gigs along with U2 in the 80’s I’ve been too ..

Day 10: BON APPETIT
Play an album that makes you think of food

Saint Etienne - So Tough

57F35896-272E-406A-BF73-C586AE6E82FD.jpeg
So Tough kicks off with one of my favorite Saint Etienne songs, Mario’s Cafe, which is all about spending a lazy Tuesday morning eating bacon and toast whilst talking about the KLF and Prince B. Makes me miss London and breakfast with friends!

Back