Joyful Noise VIPS / JNR-100

I sense that they've been struggling since Jonathan Horne passed away and left a customer service void at JNR. They seem to be earnestly trying to regroup but grief is not as mundane as a switch to be flipped. A year and a half isn't so long for a beloved friend to be absent. Jonathan Lee Horne Memorial Music Fund

That JNR community disruption combined with the crazy backlog of vinyl manufacturing has combined to create a lot of bumps in what previously was a fairly reliable system for JNR.

Regarding the phantom USPS tracking numbers ... that's a weird quirk of the shipping/logistics service they're using, as best I can tell. I've corresponded a bit with Moose about it so there's growing awareness of the problem but not much resolution that I've seen yet. It seems that the shipping service fills in a fake tracking number when something is shipped without a tracking number. In my experience, it's been all of their lathe cut 7" singles.

If you're waiting on orders that are 100% for "back catalog" items (pre-2000) that you think must certainly already be on their shelves, I would reach out to JNR and ask if your order has slipped through the cracks.

If you combined pre-orders and back-catalog items, they may be waiting until everything is in-stock before shipping. They try to keep shipping updates for pre-orders predicted here: Shipping Updates | Joyful Noise Recordings . But they're still at the mercy of the pressing plants, which are at the mercy of supply chain issues for materials needed for pressing vinyl, etc.

It's a shit-show, and as with most endeavors in our capitalist world, those with the most money tend to be disrupted the least and can pay their way to the front of lines.
It's not back catalog stuff or pre-orders otherwise I'd keep being patient. But over two months for in stock just seems too much. I didn't know the context and appreciate you sharing though. I've reached out a couple times and given a week between each time, just can't get any replies.

Did anyone ever receive the last White Label record for 2021? It's listed on the site as Counterfeit Madison - Palms Were A Bad Choice/Counterfeit Covers Sade.

I've received two for 2022 so far.

I'm still waiting on Counterfeit Madison - Palms Were A Bad Choice/Counterfeit Covers Sade . I think somewhere (on Facebook perhaps) they said that vinyl production backlogs were to blame. My guess (thinking from their perspective) is that they're prioritizing production of newer releases so they can make some new money, and allowing this last one's pressing to be "fitted in" where it can be. I'm okay with waiting indefinitely (I trust JNR), but I realize others may not be. (Not implying you're one of them @Widget - I share your wondering about its status.)

Well, I finally got the Counterfeit Madison - Palms Were A Bad Choice/Counterfeit Covers Sade White Label LP near the end of October. It's fantastic.

And, last month I finally got the "call up" for JNR100, so I've retired my VIP status in favor of JNR100. I'm looking forward to the wild ride, and maintaining a long supporter relationship with this label.

Back