Jazz

Here’s one I’ve never seen in the wild until yesterday. It’s a live recording that will never be accused of being audiophile, but this copy is NM on one side and VG+ on the other, was priced comfortably below current Discogs median, and it definitely sounds good enough for me. It’ll also never be an all-time jazz classic, but if you like Joe Henderson and want to hear him go off, this is a good record for that. Woody Shaw is also very good, of course.

It’s often adventurous (in a good way) and occasionally meandering, but I’m happy to have found this one in good shape at a fair price.

IMG_2281.jpeg

A week late here, but absolutely thrilled the Messthetics are doing a release on Impulse!! Worlds colliding

A week late here, but absolutely thrilled the Messthetics are doing a release on Impulse!! Worlds colliding

I'm SO fucking pumped for this. JBL's tune with Messthetics on Eye Of I last year was the absolute highlight of an already brilliant album (and my intro to the Messthetics!)

I love the "classic" Impulse! feel of the cover too.

Not sure if this has been posted before but pretty rad!
Thanks for this. Interesting. Forcing me to revisit this album, which I haven't listened to in quite awhile, and have not considered great.

The alternates/more stripped versions are already causing me to reconsider that.

Back