Jazz

I love his music, but reeeeeeeeallly dislike those albums with electric piano. Sounds very dated.
I guess they dubbed tape.
Not sure where this was going but drugs were good then.

The camel smokes cracked me up. Was that the omen for this release?
I mean I had that stage of my life too smoking camel 100s. It's not my best either.

think this is a new Pure Pleasure release?

Not sure why I slept on the Acoustic Sounds reissue of Brown/Roach Study in Brown, but I picked up someone’s Amazon return for $23 — reason for return appears to be a split seam on top, which doesn’t bother me at that price.

Damn — this is really nice! Not sure what that thumpy, high-ish pitch drum it is at the opening of George’s Dilemma (a small tom?), but that and the cymbal are in my living room, and then CB comes in and it’s lush and powerful. whoa . . . really happy with this

Is there any idea why Analogue Productions has not done any Alice Coltrane or Pharoah Sanders yet? I assume that the more avant garde stuff from Coltrane will eventually be done.... Are they maybe just waiting to see how that stuff does?

Is there any idea why Analogue Productions has not done any Alice Coltrane or Pharoah Sanders yet? I assume that the more avant garde stuff from Coltrane will eventually be done.... Are they maybe just waiting to see how that stuff does?

I believe the most common refrain is that the tapes have gone up in smoke.

I believe the most common refrain is that the tapes have gone up in smoke.
I mean the reporting on the fire states that most of Coltrane's Impulse masters were lost.

Also, Universal reports that digital safeties were already made. Unless they are lower than DSD (what technology was being used in 2008?) - I'm all for them doing the MoFi thing. Everyone should be able to just see this information post scandal and make their own choices. If Chad has to charge ten bucks less, so be it.

Third Man showed with Captain Beefheart that a safety could be pretty damn good too.

Purists all need to fuck off.

I believe Chad hates Alice Coltrane’s music as well.

The good news is that there’s an AS Pharoah Sanders - Karma coming out this winter iirc

Back