Jazz

Just a heads up, RR Gems (record label) have put a post on Instagram about Muriel Grossman's latest album, Reverence. The record is still at pre-sale (mine shipped yesterday!!!) but they only have 250 of the 1000 copies left over.....before its even out. If you were waiting to pick this up in-store it might be best to pick it up now before its too late.

(PRE-ORDER) MURIEL GROSSMANN - REVERENCE - RRGEMS07

Just a heads up, RR Gems (record label) have put a post on Instagram about Muriel Grossman's latest album, Reverence. The record is still at pre-sale (mine shipped yesterday!!!) but they only have 250 of the 1000 copies left over.....before its even out. If you were waiting to pick this up in-store it might be best to pick it up now before its too late.

(PRE-ORDER) MURIEL GROSSMANN - REVERENCE - RRGEMS07
Grossmann has been one of my favorite discoveries this year

@Selaws I know you like the Superfly stuff, just saw this on eBay. At £45 it's pricey but it's a beautiful album. @Skalap sorted me out with a copy for a similar price. This one is in the UK and shipping is free. Just in case you're interested.

Way ahead of you there @Mr Moore. I have a saved search for superfly so I had an email the other day about it, and I have actually bought one from that seller before. Pricey but if noone has bid before the end I will potentially go for it. Cheers!

Edit: urghhhh fine il put a bid in now :ROFLMAO:

Cross posting so you fabulous people dont miss out.

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

Well this is unexpected and exciting. The new Dinked edition is Moses Boyd's new album, Dark Matter. For those who havent heard of Boyd he is a key player in the UK jazz scene, playing drums for the likes of the Tomorrow’s Warriors, Moses Boyd's Exodus, and is one half of Binker Moses. This looks to be a superb package, with the special edition being limited to just 500 copies! Includes 140g grey 2lp, 90cm x 90cm flag wrap, numbered, silver foil inners.

This ones surely going to sell out!

boyd-500x500.jpg

Annnnnnd another post.

The first wave of acts has been announced for the Cross The Tracks festival. This year was its inaugural year and it was the best festival i have been to, really amazing. Fantastic location, fantastic acts, fantastic food. I bought early bird tickets for 2020 a few months ago when they were first announced, for just £25! If these are still available and you can get to London easy, I thoroughly recommend it.

IMG_0360.PNG

Cross posting so you fabulous people dont miss out.

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

Well this is unexpected and exciting. The new Dinked edition is Moses Boyd's new album, Dark Matter. For those who havent heard of Boyd he is a key player in the UK jazz scene, playing drums for the likes of the Tomorrow’s Warriors, Moses Boyd's Exodus, and is one half of Binker Moses. This looks to be a superb package, with the special edition being limited to just 500 copies! Includes 140g grey 2lp, 90cm x 90cm flag wrap, numbered, silver foil inners.

This ones surely going to sell out!

View attachment 24027

This is available from the Bleep store with better shipping rates for US people:

I snagged the splatter. Just can't help myself. Looking forward to it!

Aquarium Drunkard wrote a piece on this album a few days ago and man were they spot on. This is one of the best jazz albums I’ve heard this year.

So im not sure how this slipped through, but I just ordered Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert from Juno to be delivered tomorrow. This was one of the 3 that I was after tomorrow so im super happy with this. Pricey, but it is a 2lp set, first reissue since the 80's and looks to be a nice set. Total cost £29 inc postage which is the price it costs at Rough Trade without postage.

So im not sure how this slipped through, but I just ordered Miles In Tokyo: Miles Davis Live In Concert from Juno to be delivered tomorrow. This was one of the 3 that I was after tomorrow so im super happy with this. Pricey, but it is a 2lp set, first reissue since the 80's and looks to be a nice set. Total cost £29 inc postage which is the price it costs at Rough Trade without postage.

Just came here to say that it was available. Nas' Stillmatic reissue is there too. Here is the link for Miles Davis' record:

Just came here to say that it was available. Nas' Stillmatic reissue is there too. Here is the link for Miles Davis' record:

Did you put an order in @Skalap? Im kind of excited to see if they still post it for tomorrow or not.

Did you put an order in @Skalap? Im kind of excited to see if they still post it for tomorrow or not.

No I didn't, I spent way too much this month and there is no BFRSD release that I really want. I am waiting to see if Mr Bongo does something for Black Friday though, there are a few records from their store than I added and removed from my cart a few times already :p Let's see if I pull the trigger today/tomorrow or not.

No I didn't, I spent way too much this month and there is no BFRSD release that I really want. I am waiting to see if Mr Bongo does something for Black Friday though, there are a few records from their store than I added and removed from my cart a few times already :p Let's see if I pull the trigger today/tomorrow or not.
Great restraint! Theres just 3 im after (well 2 now), the Bill Evans and Comet is Coming. I was going to hold off on the Comet but rough trade updated their listing to say theres only 1500 copies being released. I know that sounds a lot but I can imagine them getting swooped up be resellers.

Really though there would be a big list I would like, but I cant justify the criminal prices they are charging. £30 is outrageous but some of them are even more expensive than that (£55 for a 2lp Johnny Griffin / Eddie Lockjaw is just an insult as far as I am concerned).

Great restraint! Theres just 3 im after (well 2 now), the Bill Evans and Comet is Coming. I was going to hold off on the Comet but rough trade updated their listing to say theres only 1500 copies being released. I know that sounds a lot but I can imagine them getting swooped up be resellers.

Really though there would be a big list I would like, but I cant justify the criminal prices they are charging. £30 is outrageous but some of them are even more expensive than that (£55 for a 2lp Johnny Griffin / Eddie Lockjaw is just an insult as far as I am concerned).

I first added this Comet is Coming EP to my wantlist but it appears that it's only a BFRSD first release, I'll wait for the standard release :)

Back