Jazz

Might be time to pick up the jazz dispensary of Joe Henderson- power to the people if you haven’t yet. 12 copies left on Amazon. Seems to be selling out most places and JD says it might not get repressed for at least a year
Hopefully Amazon.ca comes through. I preordered it but got an email Wednesday saying it would not be delivered until Wednesday.

Sadly neither of my locals carries these and won’t order them (one only sells used and the other has so few new records that he doesn’t get good prices on most new stuff).
That wouldn't work for me. You need to move. Priorities appear to be mixed up.

This portion of the thread has me thinking about Music For The Small Hours from the Clarke-Boland Sextet, which takes tracks from the Calypso Blues comp from the mid sixties. What a great record.
I gave this one a listen after you posted this and really like it. As w/ Rearward’s reissues of Sahib Shihab’s “Summer Dawn” and “Seeds,” Music for the Small Hours is getting repressed, and a pre-order on Dusty Groove for July 2024 shipment. DG also has Summer Dawn up for pre-order, but, apparently, not Seeds.

HHV sent me a birthday coupon for 5 Euros off a purchase, and I used it to pick up Summer Dawn, a discounted Seeds (bc of a seam split), and Pharoah Sanders Live in Paris 1975 (Transversales Disques), which I’ve wanted for a long time. After the birthday deduction total came out to $27/record (including shipping). Not bad!

I love where I live but am regularly envious of NYC shows and, recently, The Sultan Room — particularly with Joe Russo in many different groups — is tearing it up with improvisational music that I’m admiring from afar. I’m not sure there’s a better music venue in the country right now, at least for this kind of stuff.

For any of you at Big Ears Festival tomorrow night, Selcouth Quartet is playing, and they’re great:

I stayed over the weekend in Paris and stopped by Sam Records — with Fred having the health scare it seemed like a nice was to support. As many have said, a lovely shop.

View attachment 198629
Two big bills? Por Que?

I had the pleasure of shopping there in the fall, such a lovely little store with great jazz curation. Came home with a great batch of used jazz records and of course some Sam’s records

Two big bills? Por Que?

I had the pleasure of shopping there in the fall, such a lovely little store with great jazz curation. Came home with a great batch of used jazz records and of course some Sam’s records
It is Vol 1 and Vol 2 — the sound quality on both is pretty amazing. It really is a such a neat shop. I’d can’t imagine if that was my local.

As a small bonus: my flight arrived today before my beloved wife came came back — and so I even had the opportunity to bring the records in, clean and listen, with a total absence of of her kind, understanding, sigh of “more records?”

(If is pretty hard to claim PIF when walking in the door from a flight 🤪)

It is Vol 1 and Vol 2 — the sound quality on both is pretty amazing. It really is a such a neat shop. I’d can’t imagine if that was my local.
I bought them in person also. They sound incredible. Of course, what matters most is the music, and it’s really nice country blues. Obviously a splurge.

They’re my demo discs now. I don’t say a word about them before I drop the needle, and the responses are all the same.

Back