January 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread :: Plant carrots in January and you'll never have to eat carrots.

Day 30 - “Fuck it – let's go do it.”
On this day in 1969 The Beatles performed their rooftop concert at the Apple Corps headquarters. It was the final public performance of their career. Play an artist’s final performance or final album.

Is there really a definitive version of this album?

The Beatles - Let It Be....Naked

E2C9C0AF-2547-4CCC-916B-1C0B971C243A.jpeg

Day 28 - Łódź Knows
Arthur Rubinstein was born on this day in 1887. Play something featuring top-tier piano playing.

Kenny Kirkland's solo on Bring On The Night --> When The World is Running Down is the first thing that came to mind.

Sting ~ Bring on the Night

1643577765114.png

Day 29 - "The dirt keeps the funk"
James Jamerson was born on this day in 1936. Play something featuring top-tier bass playing.

Rick "The Bass Player" Rosas laid down a deep groove on a bunch of Neil's albums. "Don't Cry" is one of my favorites. Bonus is If I play it loud enough it will keep the Girl Scouts that are out in force today selling cookies away from my door, and will therefore keep me in track on the 6 week weight loss challenge thread!

Neil Young ~ Freedom

1643580954933.png

On this day in 1969 The Beatles performed their rooftop concert at the Apple Corps headquarters. It was the final public performance of their career. Play an artist’s final performance or final album.

Nick Drake ~ Pink Moon

1643587392467.png

His solo efforts never quite lived up with what White Zombie delivered.

White Zombie – Astro-Creep: 2000 (Songs Of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions Of The Electric Head)
Music On Vinyl – MOVLP547, 1995/2012

Numbered/Limited to 1000 on green translucent w/ black smoke, #116 (these early MOV releases were numbered on the hype sticker, not the jacket. I lost the sticker at some point, but documented my number.)

Pressed at Record Industry

Ag82nK.jpg

L8536e.jpg

Back