J-Jazz (Japanese Jazz)

I'm thinking about this one, any recommendations ?

later period TBM...just a terrific side, its recorded digitally (as were most if not all in this period) if that is a deal breaker for you. However it shouldn't be, because it sounds incredible.

I mean really, if a hamster on a leash dragged a rusty nail across a lacquer and it sounded this good who would care if it was AAA.

so yeah, highly recommended

Anybody have recommendations on the best place to buy some of the BBE JJazz masterclass series in the US? I know I missed the boat on a few of the releases but shipping on others I can find seem pretty prohibitively expensive…

have you looked on amazon ?
Anybody have recommendations on the best place to buy some of the BBE JJazz masterclass series in the US? I know I missed the boat on a few of the releases but shipping on others I can find seem pretty prohibitively expensive…

I'm still not sure why BBE is releasing these as 2X45rpm...besides the fact I personally am not a fan, it would be good to get a reason.

anyone with insider dope know? also just curious, even though I'm sure these are licensed/official/etc they still might be vinyl rips - most of these were reissued in Japan on CD over the last 20 years, are they just using those files? inquiring minds want to know

also Craftman is releasing the key TBM titles on vinyl again in May - no info on sourcing, assume these will be the same mastering of the Think! reissues from mid 2010s as both labels owned by Disk Union...

I've been waiting for this since Craftman Records started reissuing the Three Blind Mice catalog on CD

TMBLP6W_A3_0225-min.jpg

I've been waiting for this since Craftman Records started reissuing the Three Blind Mice catalog on CD

TMBLP6W_A3_0225-min.jpg

hopefully they expand out on some of the other titles....like some one the ones I'm missing, and I'm even OK if they do Green Caterpillar and Orang Utan and my copies lose some value - just great sessions that more people should be able to access on vinyl

hopefully they expand out on some of the other titles....like some one the ones I'm missing, and I'm even OK if they do Green Caterpillar and Orang Utan and my copies lose some value - just great sessions that more people should be able to access on vinyl
I got the Le Tres Jazz Club pressing of Green Caterpillar the other day. It’s pretty decent for something that’s probably not properly sourced…

TMBLP6W_A3_0225-min.jpg

For those in the US, dusty groove has them up for preorder. $47 each

Yeah, I've got a good digital of that, don't think I'd get any upgrade/ better sound from the LTR so gonna save my coin, I actually pre-ordered all those when they came out 2017/18- Green Caterpillar , Morning Flight, OranU Tan and Mine , and that was the only one that I didn't receive .

I got the Le Tres Jazz Club pressing of Green Caterpillar the other day. It’s pretty decent for something that’s probably not properly sourced…
and you'll definitely be buying another copy if it comes out on Craftman! its such a great sounding record - just FYI my mint original is not cut super hot, so I use more volume than most other records

its about $38ish if you can get it ex tax
I could only figure out how to get it through that World Shopping Shipping forwarding service. I’ve used it once before but was pretty pricey after all was said and done.

I could only figure out how to get it through that World Shopping Shipping forwarding service. I’ve used it once before but was pretty pricey after all was said and done.
dusty groove is always solid and that is a very fair price, you can always bitch if they are messed up, no luck with that buying direct...if they are the same metal from the Think! reissues then they are cut from the master tape and also 1-step, (use Google translate on the back side of the obis). Craftman does an incredible job, it will be hard for me not to pick up a couple and I have originals of most and some of the Think! copies

Back