It's a Strange Paradise: Beach House and all things Dream Pop

Yeah… the posters. I really don’t like the art direction that Beach House has been going in since “7”. It’s just kind of gaudy and overly “love” kitschy designs. Their recent merch designs are just terrible imo. The art book is a little better. It would have been cool if it was individual pieces like the TWFM box was.
Yes you got it right on. The art for this posters and a lot of the art surrounding this LP as a whole are just not my thing. Same for 7. Also very much agree about the merch. I don't like any of it. But I like the art in the booklet.

Beach House - Once Twice Melody
  1. Through Me
  2. Superstar
  3. Many Nights
  4. Finale
  5. Over and Over
  6. Pink Funeral
  7. Hurts to Love
  8. New Romance
  9. Another Go Around
  10. The Bells
  11. Sunset
  12. ESP
  13. Only You Know
  14. Modern Love Stories
  15. Illusion of Forever
  16. Once Twice Melody
  17. Runaway
  18. Masquerade

I really don't like Masquerade, or when Beach House do more "dance-y" tracks. Like "Lemon Glow" from 7 as well. 🙅‍♂️

1. Through Me
  2. Superstar
  3. Many Nights
  4. Finale
  5. Over and Over
  6. Pink Funeral
  7. Hurts to Love
  8. New Romance
  9. Another Go Around
  10. The Bells
  11. Sunset
  12. ESP
  13. Only You Know
  14. Modern Love Stories
  15. Illusion of Forever
  16. Once Twice Melody
  17. Runaway
  18. Masquerade

I really don't like Masquerade, or when Beach House do more "dance-y" tracks. Like "Lemon Glow" from 7 as well. 🙅‍♂️
Interesting...those two tracks are some of my favourites of theirs and I certainly wouldn't describe them as "dance-y" either 🤷‍♂️

Interesting...those two tracks are some of my favourites of theirs and I certainly wouldn't describe them as "dance-y" either 🤷‍♂️
for Beach House they are dance-y lol. I don't listen to that much straightforward pop music so it seems different for them. Maybe not super poppy, but musically sound like songs you'd hear in a night club, which I'm not a fan of them going in that direction.

1. Through Me
  2. Superstar
  3. Many Nights
  4. Finale
  5. Over and Over
  6. Pink Funeral
  7. Hurts to Love
  8. New Romance
  9. Another Go Around
  10. The Bells
  11. Sunset
  12. ESP
  13. Only You Know
  14. Modern Love Stories
  15. Illusion of Forever
  16. Once Twice Melody
  17. Runaway
  18. Masquerade

I love both of those songs… also I really enjoy Runaway…hah. I don’t know that I could rank all the songs though

Tried to do a top 10 of all their songs but it felt lacking so I made a top 20… really just going with gut feeling here

1. Wild
2. Irene
3. Silver Soul
4. Levitation
5. On The Sea
6. Superstar
7. Drunk In LA
8. Lazuli
9. Walk In The Park
10. PPP
11. Over And Over
12. Majorette
13. Dark Spring
14. Real Love
15. Wildflower
16. Runaway
17. Gila
18. Elegy To The Void
19. Heart Of Chambers
20. Master of None

For anyone that bought the Once, Twice, Melody box set, are you slicing the sticker that acts as a hinge for opening the box or are you leaving it there….for hinging purposes? 😀

Seems like it is bound to get damaged over time if you leave it as is, but if you don’t cut it perfectly straight it might not look great afterwards. Decisions, decisions!

Back