It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

I just turned on this South Korea v. Saudi Arabia affair. I'm told the first 80 was not great watching, but the last 15' were pretty exciting. South Korea leveled it at 90+9"... although seeing Klinsmann running around the touchline like a fool gave me some bad USMNT ptsd.

I just turned on this South Korea v. Saudi Arabia affair. I'm told the first 80 was not great watching, but the last 15' were pretty exciting. South Korea leveled it at 90+9"... although seeing Klinsmann running around the touchline like a fool gave me some bad USMNT ptsd.
that was a great match! Love a good PK battle to end it

• Cheers
Reactions: mgp
I was talking to my brother about this the other day, and am too lazy to do my own research. Do any of you know: when was the last time the three promoted teams all immediately went down? I went back a while, and it was often 2/3, but 3/3 seems very rare.

I was talking to my brother about this the other day, and am too lazy to do my own research. Do any of you know: when was the last time the three promoted teams all immediately went down? I went back a while, and it was often 2/3, but 3/3 seems very rare.

Since the inception of the Premier League in 1992? Once 1997-98.

It is rare for there not be one team that comes up and is full of confidence and in the ascendancy and at least one that’s been in gradual decline for a few years. Plus there are outliers like Leicester who should have stayed up with their squad and went down largely because they panicked, sacked a successful manager too soon and suffered the the consequences.

• Cheers
Reactions: mgp
Luton stay up, Forest go down with Burnley and Sheffield United.

Forest go down
michael-scott-meme-idlememe-6.jpg

If the charges hit, Pep resigns immediately. I can't see him staying and dealing with that fallout.

He has said that he’s so convinced they’re false that he’d manage in the championship on principle.

Also the fall out won’t happen quick because they’ll appeal it to CAS like they did the UEFA verdict.

Back