It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

LOOOOOOL that's pricey

479 league goals in 613 games. He was always going to be one of the most expensive in the game, it’d be a nuts call to go for anything else. I basically won leagues for 3 years by having him in my team as constant captain and fools thinking they were smart by not choosing him from the start or thinking he was too expensive 😂

Is he one of those forwards that’s rated as “midfielder” too like he used to be last time he was at United? If so he’s a must add for me.

479 league goals in 613 games. He was always going to be one of the most expensive in the game, it’d be a nuts call to go for anything else. I basically won leagues for 3 years by having him in my team as constant captain and fools thinking they were smart by not choosing him from the start or thinking he was too expensive 😂

Is he one of those forwards that’s rated as “midfielder” too like he used to be last time he was at United? If so he’s a must add for me.
yeah... I'll probably get him but I want to wait a week and see what happens first. If he starts vs. Newcastle and scores a hattrick I'll eat my hat. I have not been impressed with Sancho's integration in the squad who I was eager to get in FPL, so I also think Ronnie needs a few weeks before he starts to click. Unless of course he's tossed in as the focal point and Shaw, Pogba, and Bruno are just spraying crosses to him non-stop.

My guess is he's a forward and not midfielder this time around.

yeah... I'll probably get him but I want to wait a week and see what happens first. If he starts vs. Newcastle and scores a hattrick I'll eat my hat. I have not been impressed with Sancho's integration in the squad who I was eager to get in FPL, so I also think Ronnie needs a few weeks before he starts to click. Unless of course he's tossed in as the focal point and Shaw, Pogba, and Bruno are just spraying crosses to him non-stop.

My guess is he's a forward and not midfielder this time around.

I think Sancho was always going to take time. Despite being English he’s never played in the Premier League and the pace and intensity are a notch up. It might be more bursts this year as he settles.

Ronaldo knows the league though and he’s him so he’ll shoot from anywhere and everywhere to improve his chance of scoring plus he’s one of those that can be utter dog shit and score a hat trick. He’ll also 100% be taking the penalties off Bruno.

I think Sancho was always going to take time. Despite being English he’s never played in the Premier League and the pace and intensity are a notch up. It might be more bursts this year as he settles.

Ronaldo knows the league though and he’s him so he’ll shoot from anywhere and everywhere to improve his chance of scoring plus he’s one of those that can be utter dog shit and score a hat trick. He’ll also 100% be taking the penalties off Bruno.
yup! I dropped Bruno this week so instead of taking the -4 I'll wait a week and then grab him after Newcastle if he plays. although Bruno has only scored open play goals, he may get a few assists as well, but it's going to be an either/or thing with them I reckon.

yup! I dropped Bruno this week so instead of taking the -4 I'll wait a week and then grab him after Newcastle if he plays. although Bruno has only scored open play goals, he may get a few assists as well, but it's going to be an either/or thing with them I reckon.

A lot depends on the midfield to be honest. And as there are no rumours for today you’ll probably be right. With someone who could pass regularly and well through the lines you could imagine both could thrive as I could see Bruno regularly running beyond him. In and around the box though Ronaldo is going to be number 1 shark lol!

A lot depends on the midfield to be honest. And as there are no rumours for today you’ll probably be right. With someone who could pass regularly and well through the lines you could imagine both could thrive as I could see Bruno regularly running beyond him. In and around the box though Ronaldo is going to be number 1 shark lol!

He's listed as Forward on the fantasy site

Makes sense. He always was but the game has never really bothered adapting to 4-3-3 and is resolute in keeping wide forwards as midfielders lol!
Yup, Salah & Mane are midfielders but Firmino is a forward even though his average position is probably deeper? they need to change up the wide forwards likes Salah, Son, Auba, Rashford, Greenwood from midfielders.

Last edited:
Yup, Salah & Mane are forwards but Firmino is a forward even though his average position is probably deeper? they need to change up the wide forwards likes Salah, Son, Auba, Rashford, Greenwood from midfielders.

Yeah it’s needed to have been done since about 2007 when Ronaldo was an absolute points machine midfielder despite that year really becoming part of a fluid front 3 rather than the old school winger he’d been up until then. It feels rooted in the old English 4-4-2 mindset where a winger would have had to be a midfielder because they got chalk on their boots and contributed assists, but not many goals. You’d think they’d be able to distinguish between say Marcus Rashford and Dwight McNeill and have one as the forward he is and the other as the midfielder he is even though they both play off the left flank.

I’m glad that PSG held on to Mbappe. That attacking line will be a sight to behold.
The Qatar Royal Family has something like 200 billion dollars in net worth so 220m euros is nothing to them. they really, really, really want to win the Champions League, they don't care about a few hundred euros. Also if Mbappe goes that weakens them, strengthens their rivals for the CL. Mbappe also turned down 45m/year in salary on a new contract so he's making the best case decision for his career. Play a season with Messi for 1 year, go to Madrid and be a star after and get a huge pay day without a transfer fee.

A bit of compromise and shoehorning to get him in but United’s next three matches are Newcastle, West Ham and Villa. Ronaldo’s three best records first time around:

1. Villa
2. West Ham
3. Newcastle

Also the Geordies look a bit shit so I could see him filling his boots next time out!

5024737B-DC1C-483C-AA22-8E11CE92038F.jpeg

Back