It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Surprise of the year: Kane not traveling to Portugal to play Pacos de Ferreira in the first leg of the ECL playoff series on Thursday.
my guess is he doesn't want to be cup tied to the ECL, or he's being a massive dick again.

Also I don't know the reliability of this but maybe he's finally going to get his move?

my guess is he doesn't want to be cup tied to the ECL, or he's being a massive dick again.

Also I don't know the reliability of this but maybe he's finally going to get his move?

Are you even cup tied anymore? Especially as this is the Conference and if he moves it will be the Champions League?

I think Bruno played in the Europa League for both us and Sporting his first year? Maybe the Group/Knockout winter break is a divide?

Are you even cup tied anymore? Especially as this is the Conference and if he moves it will be the Champions League?

I think Bruno played in the Europa League for both us and Sporting his first year? Maybe the Group/Knockout winter break is a divide?
I actually have no idea what the rule is. I know that they changed it for an individual competition because of the Coutinho transfer so he could play with Barca after playing with Liverpool. I don't know if it is the same for different competitions.

I actually have no idea what the rule is. I know that they changed it for an individual competition because of the Coutinho transfer so he could play with Barca after playing with Liverpool. I don't know if it is the same for different competitions.

It’s be really perculiar if you couldn’t be cup tied in the same completion but could be across competitions. That said UEFAs logic hasn’t always been all that logical!

It’s be really perculiar if you couldn’t be cup tied in the same completion but could be across competitions. That said UEFAs logic hasn’t always been all that logical!
IIRC Barca were upset about the rule and pressured UEFA to change it, so the bolded is true.

It’s not Kane-to-City-level news, but my team finally won our local 7v7 coed league after 10 or so seasons trying. Ugly and heated 0-0 tie (rematch of last season’s final, considerable bad blood between the teams), followed by PKs… at least I scored mine, and the rest of the crew pulled it off! Then beeeeeeeers

Last edited:
My mates son from Fulham plays for this small club. I thought some of you would enjoy reading the article, please pass it on. When post pandemic comes I hope we do not loose anymore small clubs.

Yet another footballer diagnosed with dementia in their old age. It’s getting increasingly evident that the issues surrounding heading haveto be addressed.

Also I’ve got to say the way Denis Law has addressed this is absolutely fantastic, shows again why the original King of the Stretford end was so adored.

Those who pay attention to MLS, I don’t know if you guys have been paying much attention to the LA Galaxy but there is quite a story this year that goes beyond the pitch. Two of the players have had family member die this season. Dos Santos, his father, and Sebastian Lleget, his sister unexpectedly. The outpouring of support from the club, players and supporter groups have been pretty special.

if you see nothing else this weekend check out Danny Ings’ goal for Villa v the barcodes. It’s and unbelievable strike!
One of the best from the first couple weeks for sure. Shoutout mings for 2 alley oops today too for Villa. They look good again!!

There has been a real laziness and lackadaisical attitude about United today. Southampton are a poor side and we’ve made them look good. Fred and Matic just aren’t good enough and you won’t win titles with Martial up front.

Bout to retire Werners ass next week. Idk why I thought he'd have one more good year for Chelsea. Non starter today after a dreadful showing last week

Back