It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

xG for Spurs will be insane. They could easily have about 4 goals with better luck.

xG is still bullshit though because it’s taken an OG because your players for all their possession and shots don’t look like they could hit a barn door themselves. Luton keeper hasn’t been making any magic stops.

xG is still bullshit though because it’s taken an OG because your players for all their possession and shots don’t look like they could hit a barn door themselves. Luton keeper hasn’t been making any magic stops.
You’ve not been watching the game. Spurs have had more chances and hit the post thrice

And yet you’ve won from and OG and a big deflection.
I’m fully aware that’s not a part of the equation. Spurs have had more chances that they’ve missed that create a higher expected goals total. The score line is the score line, but xG will tell you that they could easily have about 4-5 goals with better finishing and luck. That is what xG does.

I’m fully aware that’s not a part of the equation. Spurs have had more chances that they’ve missed that create a higher expected goals total. The score line is the score line, but xG will tell you that they could easily have about 4-5 goals with better finishing and luck. That is what xG does.

We’ve had this discussion before. It’s a made up stat that has no relevance at all. No one will change my mind on that.

Peacock really needs a split screen option for EPL matches. The goal zone channel is great but I'd love to see 3 matches on one screen.

Sheffield Fulham is insane. Now 3-3. when Fulham were down 3-1.

Every match has been a roller coaster. Watching goal rush has been a ride and Fulham got a nasty goal for the comeback

I really like the look of Muniz and how he bullies centre halves. Has decent quality on the ball too. Not seen the goal because they’ve got this spurs game on, but it sounds like a good one.

Every match has been a roller coaster. Watching goal rush has been a ride and Fulham got a nasty goal for the comeback
My only issue with goal rush is they stick with one main match instead of going match to match. Go to Sheffield Fulham since it's tied up or Chelsea Burnley. Then pop back over to the Spurs match if something happens.

My only issue with goal rush is they stick with one main match instead of going match to match. Go to Sheffield Fulham since it's tied up or Chelsea Burnley. Then pop back over to the Spurs match if something happens.
Yea they should bounce around for sure. For a little bit there was a goal every few minutes from the different matches so it was non stop for like 15 minutes

please dont.. with the amount of times these guys won it on the very last day in some weird way ... i dont follow this stuff closely , but it aint over until they are really out of it.
Lost 2-0 to Dortmund. Tuchel might not make Easter. First victory in Munich in 10 years.

Last edited:
Great win for Villa. Hope we can try to play with come confidence this time after the cup win last time out.

Got off lucky. Must be only a mm offside and it was a great finish following a lazy press. This had been every bit as bad a performance as the 4-0 at the start of last season.

Back