It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

So the diamond it is. Thought it might be something a bit different when I saw the two more attacking full backs and McTominay in.

Early doors this diamond is really suiting us. Been a very aggressive quick start. Maybe a bit of a solution while all our right wingers are shitbags or injured.

Well it’s no good playing well if you go and open up like that. Dropped off the pace the last 5. Sigh.

Same in our game. I don’t think it’s effected anything yet, but still. The call for the disallowed goal was incredibly tight and annoying but I get it.
Clear pen for Maddison and the play for Sheffield was already on a yellow. Sheffield United GK clearly handled the ball outside the box, yellow given 😤

I had a dream last night that Spurs scored 9 today. So of course it's 0-0 at half.

Hahahaha! We all regualrly have those kinda dreams 😂

You may well end up beating Sheff Utd but they run and play hard and are very unlikely to get pumped unless they run out of steam and it’s a flurry of late goals.

You may well end up beating Sheff Utd but they run and play hard and are very unlikely to get pumped unless they run out of steam and it’s a flurry of late goals.
Yeah this is night and day different than Burnley. They even gave Man City a good run at it. I think they could stay up if they continue being a nuisance like this every week.

They seem so annoying to play - they just drop everyone back to defend and hope to get one against the run of play.

Yeah this is night and day different than Burnley. They even gave Man City a good run at it. I think they could stay up if they continue being a nuisance like this every week.

Burnley are probably trying to run before they walk. Sometimes you just need to get back to basics and build towards the more progressive football. Or be a yo-yo club for a few years and progressively build a better squad using the parachute payments.

Yeah potentially. I still think they’re a little short of quality in terms of getting goals but Archer could be a great signing if he catches fire, I like the look of him.

They seem so annoying to play - they just drop everyone back to defend and hope to get one against the run of play.

Yeah it’s totally how I’d set up as a newly promoted club haha. More chance of staying up and every year you have more money to spend to improve the quality and style of play.

Onana is going to have to step up massively as a goalkeeper because so far for all he can do with his feet he’s just not been good enough at the basics of his job.

Hamer looked like a really good player in the championship last year. Seems to have stepped up with 2 goals from midfield already. Will be interested to see his goal when they release the highlights at 5.15

Back