It Could Get A Bit Messi In Here - The Football Thread.

Especially when you have situations like the Wrexham one where these guys are coming in and dumping 20 million+ to revive a team

I think that investment is to more than revive, they’ve invested to win instantly rather than built with that, bit like the boys from united at Salford.

I think that investment is to more than revive, they’ve invested to win instantly rather than built with that, bit like the boys from united at Salford.
Truth! They definitely took the express route. Plus they're finally fixing the Racecourse Ground

It’s that your director of football? Does it have any effect outside Italy? If not is there any indication the Italians will look to UEFA to enforce it across europe?
Yes. No. Yes, they'll appeall to UEFA/FIFA to have it enforced across other divisions. I think Paratici has done a decent job, but if he's the mastermind behind this, I think the club need to let him go. What will likely happen is a grey area for a long period of time between appeals and the full legality of the situation. It was unexpected for him to leave Juventus when he did along with their entire Board leaving a month or so ago. If there's smoke....

If Spurs were a serious club they’d go after him now to compete with Son. That was Son-esque.

Potentially. Brighton are a hard club to get players out of, especially if they’ve only recently signed like him. It’d take a significant premium.

On another note Ferguson looks exciting, be interested to see how develops from an international stand point.

Potentially. Brighton are a hard club to get players out of, especially if they’ve only recently signed like him. It’d take a significant premium.

On another note Ferguson looks exciting, be interested to see how develops from an international stand point.
Yeah I think they’d want at least like 60m for him since they know someone would pay that much. Spurs wouldn’t pay that much however, but I think he’d be worth it,

Yeah I think they’d want at least like 60m for him since they know someone would pay that much. Spurs wouldn’t pay that much however, but I think he’d be worth it,

If they got 60 for a left back that can’t defend then perhaps even more. They buy to sell but he’s not the profile they’re ready to sell yet, they’ll want another 2 or 3 years first I’d imagine.

The days when the big clubs can just bully other English clubs for their best players is long gone with the last few bumper tv deals.

Back