Irish Members

I didn’t think it was Whelans but that what it says on the official site. Black Pumas album is also fantastic and that one is on a Saturday! Yay! But another band not having BELFAST on their list @Murfocakes

I think it’s a lot to do with the venues these days. They seem to be pigeonholing that certain acts won’t sell here. Alternative or dance seems to be the main genres. Blacks box always seems the best bet these days but it’s small.

My ticket master app is still saying the grand social still so who knows...

That’s a real shame because Belfast is a plenty big enough city that it should have the same pulling power as Dublin. That said I’d love to see there being more gigs across the country in cities like cork/limerick/Galway too.

In general this country just keeps getting worse and worse for “all roads lead to Dublin” and it’s making Dublin a much busier and less enjoyable place to be.

I also think Spring & Airbreak and the like book up heritage acts a year in advance so you can see Cast, Kula Shaker or Thunder but no one current

Jesus Christ who has nostalgia for Kula Shaker. Public school gap year eastern spiritualists 🤮🤮🤮

Jesus Christ who has nostalgia for Kula Shaker. Public school gap year eastern spiritualists 🤮🤮🤮

I was dragged along to see them about 3 years ago. My mate when up to the Merch table after to see about buying a copy of K on vinyl but they told him ‘We’re not selling K here as Kula Shaker are promoting their new album, K 2.0.’ He responded, ‘Will why didn’t they play any fucking songs from K 2.0 and played all of K’. The next year they toured again and I see it was promoted as ‘Playing all of their classic album K in its entirety’ as opposed to playing it all, on shuffle.

Anyone fancy a ticket to see Nilufer Yanya at the workingmans on 21st? Give me a shout if you do, I have a ticket because I am an idiot that forgets when he is on holiday...

Dun Laoghaire Vinyl Festival 2019

has anybody attended last year and has any feedback?
I was hoping to find the time to go this year, but it looks like there's lots going on and I am not good at picking....
suggestions?

Dun Laoghaire Vinyl Festival 2019

has anybody attended last year and has any feedback?
I was hoping to find the time to go this year, but it looks like there's lots going on and I am not good at picking....
suggestions?
First time I've heard of it myself. Sounds cool

Hey all,
I've used an post address pal to order a book under 20 dollars and it was great. Worked out perfect.

Wondering now about larger orders.

I've just made a 64 dollar order using my address pal address. Have any of you used it? What are an post like with customs do they charge extortionate extra fees on top like ups? Thanks in advance

I used them recently for a $150-ish order from musicdirect, and it went through customs w/o check. I guess I was lucky!
Otherwise they charge 1% (min 10€) fees (+ VAT and other taxes depending on the parcel value).

I used them recently for a $150-ish order from musicdirect, and it went through customs w/o check. I guess I was lucky!
Otherwise they charge 1% (min 10€) fees (+ VAT and other taxes depending on the parcel value).
Oh really well that's ok with me I can live with that. The order would have been $88 to deliver to my home address before added customs but UPS are such a rip off I didnt wanna risk it. An post definitely seems more reasonable if I do get nabbed for customs. Thanks for the quick response

Lucky bugger! They’ve charge me customs every time the amount has been declared by the seller and emailed me for an invoice (and held the package in New Jersey until I respond) and then charge me every time it wasn’t declared. I’ve never not paid customs on an order through them...

Lucky bugger! They’ve charge me customs every time the amount has been declared by the seller and emailed me for an invoice (and held the package in New Jersey until I respond) and then charge me every time it wasn’t declared. I’ve never not paid customs on an order through them...
I'll expect to pay customs so thanks though this helps.

Any idea how I work it out on this?
Picture Disc $29.98
2lp $24.98
Shipping $5

Then its obviously €15.99 for address pal

👍🏼 tell me where to go ( f off) if this is too much effort lol I wont begrudge you 🤣

As it’s below €100 convert to euros and times that by .23 that’s your customs

above €100 times by .33 as there is an extra 10% customs fee on top of VAT @ 23%

As it’s below €100 convert to euros and times that by .23 that’s your customs

above €100 times by .33 as there is an extra 10% customs fee on top of VAT @ 23%

Oh and the 15.99 is in the customs charge too as all postage into the country counts.

Oh and the 15.99 is in the customs charge too as all postage into the country counts.
Then is there gonna be an extra charge on top for an post like the 1% (10 euro min) thanks Joe I'll keep these figures to hand

I'll expect to pay customs so thanks though this helps.

Any idea how I work it out on this?
Picture Disc $29.98
2lp $24.98
Shipping $5

Then its obviously €15.99 for address pal

👍🏼 tell me where to go ( f off) if this is too much effort lol I wont begrudge you 🤣
I am looking at 17 euro vat and then the 10euro fees. 27 euro and 15.99 to an post. Hmm maybe I should of took my chances with shipping straight to ireland via the website. It's hard to know. God damn customs 🤦🏻‍♂️ I got taxed 1000 euro on my wages last week already, leave me alone 😢😂😂😂 thanks for the help guys 👌🏼

I am looking at 17 euro vat and then the 10euro fees. 27 euro and 15.99 to an post. Hmm maybe I should of took my chances with shipping straight to ireland via the website. It's hard to know. God damn customs 🤦🏻‍♂️ I got taxed 1000 euro on my wages last week already, leave me alone 😢😂😂😂 thanks for the help guys 👌🏼

We’ll all be smuggling milk and medicine across the border after Brexit. Tax on records will be the least of our worries.

Back