Interscope Vinyl Collective

Hemotep

Inside a Curious Yellow with the Game Cat
Well this sounds interesting...

Interscope Records, founded in 1990, subverted the musical landscape by introducing culture shaping artists across the full spectrum of contemporary music. From its inception, the label developed paradigm-defining performers and seminal music pioneers. Its roster includes Nine Inch Nails, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Dr. Dre, Juice WRLD, Selena Gomez, and Billie Eilish, to name only a few Interscope legends.

Interscope is celebrating that legacy with the Interscope Vinyl Collective, a continuing subscription series of monthly limited edition LPs, many of which will be new to the vinyl format.

Well this sounds interesting...

Interscope Records, founded in 1990, subverted the musical landscape by introducing culture shaping artists across the full spectrum of contemporary music. From its inception, the label developed paradigm-defining performers and seminal music pioneers. Its roster includes Nine Inch Nails, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Dr. Dre, Juice WRLD, Selena Gomez, and Billie Eilish, to name only a few Interscope legends.

Interscope is celebrating that legacy with the Interscope Vinyl Collective, a continuing subscription series of monthly limited edition LPs, many of which will be new to the vinyl format.

You’re totally getting a Limp Bizkit album every month…

First three months are announced.

The Vinyl Collective debuts with a special edition of The Chronic, Dr. Dre’s self produced debut album. The Chronic is an undisputed landmark recording that built upon the groundbreaking aesthetics of his legendary Compton group, N.W.A and jump-started Death Row Records. The Chronic, and Dr. Dre's visionary production, brought new superstars such as Snoop Dogg to the genre and featured a Who’s Who of West Coast rappers, namely the D.O.C., Warren G, Nate Dogg, Daz, and Kurupt. Tough and uncompromising, a sophisticated album with a game changing concept, The Chronic took the West Coast sound from a regional phenomena and made it global, selling more than 6 million copies. The album will be issued as the definitive two-LP set in a limited edition black jacket and pressed on chronic-green vinyl. The Chronic will be followed by Obie Trice’s Cheers, releasing in November, and Juice WRLD’s Goodbye & Good Riddance, releasing in December. More details coming soon.

Last edited:

[ MONTH 2 ]OBIE TRICE “CHEERS”
More details coming soon.

[ MONTH 3 ]JUICE WRLD "GOODBYE & GOOD RIDDANCE"

Also just looking at their Wikipedia, hip hop is kind of a big deal in their history. I really didn’t know the stuff about Warner selling off their interest because of Death Row.

Happy to see they announced in advance, as I really don't need or want any of those albums.

Surprised they are starting off with rap albums for the first 3 months and not mixing some other genres in there

This was my thought. I’d guess a lot of the hip hop is in more need of represses/first presses.
It's also coinciding with the 50th anniversary of hip hop, so getting in on that train.

The Chronic looks really nice, and the cover looks sharp, but I'd rather stick to the original cover even if it has that ugly "digitally remastered" banner on it. Obie was a college days staple for me, and would love to have a copy, but not needed at the most likely $40+ level. I'll stick with my cd there. I know nothing about Juicewrld.

2Pac was on Interscope and much of his stuff hasn't gotten any attention outside the occasional color variant. Marilyn Manson could be an option as well (not vouching for his character with this suggestion). They've got a deep bag to choose from, and I guess by starting with a heavy hitter followed by one lesser known that's never received a repress, and a more recent artist that has a big Gen Z following, they kind of touch on all bases without blowing their wad up front.

They just released a deluxe 2LP version of the Juice Wrld title with four bonus tracks added to the original. I wonder if the subscription version will be any different.

They just released a deluxe 2LP version of the Juice Wrld title with four bonus tracks added to the original. I wonder if the subscription version will be any different.
It’ll probably have an alt cover, or be a color variant or something. Don’t have high hopes for this series. They have used all the buzzwords that companies use when they don’t care about the actual specs…

Who cut them? Where are they pressed? What are the sources?

True. My bet though is they half-assed the cuts and press em at third man or something and charge $40+

Back