Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I will blame you now if we get "nothing." 😡

I mean it’s pretty clear that there’s not going to be anything on this one, has been for while. Also muddling two albums that are atmospherically very different, and have their own personalities, just to get a box isn’t something I find appealing. New music or doing something with the non album tracks is more interesting over here!

Last edited:
but but they were totally going to and then they read your post and scrapped it 😭 you have forsaken us grumpy joe!

Hahaha! I’m all for shiny things but I like shiny things that make sense and have merit not just shiny things that exist solely so collectors can put them on a shelf.

In all seriousness, I don't want the two albums melded together into one album if that's what you're thinking @Joe Mac. I want them to still be their own albums with their own packaging but selling them together to me would just make sense thematically and convenience-wise. If you're against them being together in any sense of the word, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree

In all seriousness, I don't want the two albums melded together into one album if that's what you're thinking @Joe Mac. I want them to still be their own albums with their own packaging but selling them together to me would just make sense thematically and convenience-wise. If you're against them being together in any sense of the word, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree

Yeah I am, I just don’t see the logic. I don’t see how you make a package that doesn’t feel like Kid A + other. Also the lack of additional material to add on makes the whole idea kinda redundant. I was reading a list of songs known to have been recorded and everything was either reworked for a later album or was “Ed’s Scary Song” or “Johnny’s idea”. Does every anniversary of every thing require a super de duper mega magic edition that cost us all €100 for something that we didn’t really need!

Hahaha! I’m all for shiny things but I like shiny things that make sense and have merit not just shiny things that exist solely so collectors can put them on a shelf.
I trust you will be a man of your word and not buy the Kid Amnesiac box set if it happens then? 😁

for me it's more than a shiny thing! because my copy of Kid A is not very good and my copy of Amnesiac is pretty good but could be better. I know there's tons of particulars when it comes to which pressing is the best of each but for me being forced to hunt down expensive first pressings and whatnot just to have a listenable copy of an album is more of a headache than I care to deal with most of the time. so for them to reissue them OKNOTOK style (giving equal attention to both albums, mind you) would be absolutely fantastic to me.

I trust you will be a man of your word and not buy the Kid Amnesiac box set if it happens then? 😁

for me it's more than a shiny thing! because my copy of Kid A is not very good and my copy of Amnesiac is pretty good but could be better. I know there's tons of particulars when it comes to which pressing is the best of each but for me being forced to hunt down expensive first pressings and whatnot just to have a listenable copy of an album is more of a headache than I care to deal with most of the time. so for them to reissue them OKNOTOK style (giving equal attention to both albums, mind you) would be absolutely fantastic to me.

Id more than likely sit it out. I’d pick up an expanded Amnesiac with a b-sides bonus disc.

Id more than likely sit it out. I’d pick up an expanded Amnesiac with a b-sides bonus disc.
You are speaking from the perspective of someone who just shelled out the money for a pricey first press (understandably so) of Kid A so I can see why from that POV you would see a reissue as unnecessary, but from the point of view of someone stuck with a crappy reissue, I ask you to please let me have my shiny thing 🥺

You are speaking from the perspective of someone who just shelled out the money for a pricey first press (understandably so) of Kid A so I can see why from that POV you would see a reissue as unnecessary, but from the point of view of someone stuck with a crappy reissue, I ask you to please let me have my shiny thing 🥺

I did sell a ridiculously priced record that more than covered it tbf! mean I was all up for it last year if they were doing them both. I’m not seeing they won’t I just don’t see the logic. Given the band we are talking about I don’t see it happening either tbh. I was utterly shocked when OKNOTOK came out, it was so out of character. I hope that they remaster them or at least start using different pressing plants!

So the real question is why are you stuck with a crappy issue? Treat yo-self...sell some crap and invest in something you will want forever

So the real question is why are you stuck with a crappy issue? Treat yo-self...sell some crap and invest in something you will want forever
the simple answer is that i don't have the same disposable income that many on this forum do, in fact im having to cut back on my vinyl spending a ton this year. and when i do have the extra funds to buy some pricey things, getting first pressings of a record I already own isn't my first instinct tbh lol. I probably will look into selling and cutting some of the unnecessary fat from my collection soon however... I've often PIFed things I probably should have sold. 😬

as much as i'd love to throw hundreds at top shelf Radiohead pressings, my current situation just doesn't allow it :/

the simple answer is that i don't have the same disposable income that many on this forum do, in fact im having to cut back on my vinyl spending a ton this year. and when i do have the extra funds to buy some pricey things, getting first pressings of a record I already own isn't my first instinct tbh lol. I probably will look into selling and cutting some of the unnecessary fat from my collection soon however... I've often PIFed things I probably should have sold. 😬

as much as i'd love to throw hundreds at top shelf Radiohead pressings, my current situation just doesn't allow it :/

Yeah we forget you’re a good bit younger than us all and at a different stage in life. Maybe a 25th anniversary set of 2 boxes would be better for you ❤️

Totally hear you...in due time I hope you will be able too.

I just know that you are a big fan and would love for you to have them, esp sooner than later before prices continue to rise

Back