Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

You're all in good company. Reading through the article so far I'm not sure Steven Hyden actually likes U2 either. Despite what he says.

Ah, so this is not a good thread to talk about all the bands we think are better than Radiohead?

(I wouldn’t say that about U2, but gimme a couple of strong IPAs and I’ll kindly ask @Crabbers to put some respect in Steely Dan’s name!)
That would be a very short conversation....since there aren’t any. 😉

Made it to Hail to the Thief in my chronological listen. I've always felt shaky about how I truly felt about this album, but holy shit it completely won me over tonight. I think this may actually be near the top for me. I don't know why, but I just loved every single track this go-around. And thinking about it, I realized there's nothing I don't like about this album. I always felt maybe it was too scatter(brained) or something, but now I think that's it's strongest point. It's eclectic and every time they shift mood and style I think they completely throw themselves in it. God, I didn't think this would happen, but here we are. HTTT absolutely rules.

Made it to Hail to the Thief in my chronological listen. I've always felt shaky about how I truly felt about this album, but holy shit it completely won me over tonight. I think this may actually be near the top for me. I don't know why, but I just loved every single track this go-around. And thinking about it, I realized there's nothing I don't like about this album. I always felt maybe it was too scatter(brained) or something, but now I think that's it's strongest point. It's eclectic and every time they shift mood and style I think they completely throw themselves in it. God, I didn't think this would happen, but here we are. HTTT absolutely rules.
It’s in my top 5 for sure, maybe top3...such an underrated gem

My wife was watching this trailer for work and I was like "What is this new Thom Yorke track? Sounds like he's gone back to The Bends." But it's some other guy. One of the more blatant soundalikes I've heard in a while.

Backdrifts is so catchy and I Will is one of my favorite Radiohead songs. We Suck Young Blood is climbing up my list, too.

So what do yall think about the status that was posted? How likely is a surprise drop in the near future?... I have my serious doubts but I won't be mad if it happens 😎

Back