Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

How can you tell. I have the XL 10” that I got off amazon uk but there is no pressing plant listed on cogs?
The 2 LP 45 GZ has different run outs than the 2 LP 45 Optimal. Not sure about the 10, I think that only has one plant.

Repress. I thought the repress was supposed to sound better (in theory). Is the OG superior sound wise?

Yeah supposedly. All the XL are done from digital masters (Radiohead cut up their master tapes around the time of A Moon Shaped Pool - that’s the tape wrap) after having done hi res digital masters. From what I gathered from @Phaneronic back in the old forum the original Parlophone mastering of Amnesiac from the OG 2x10“ is the best of any of their releases.

Yeah supposedly. All the XL are done from digital masters (Radiohead cut up their master tapes around the time of A Moon Shaped Pool - that’s the tape wrap) after having done hi res digital masters. From what I gathered from @Phaneronic back in the old forum the original Parlophone mastering of Amnesiac from the OG 2x10“ is the best of any of their releases.
Welllll let's just have a wander over to the discogs machine and have a look see, I'm sure they're very reasonably pric-

dammit.

Welllll let's just have a wander over to the discogs machine and have a look see, I'm sure they're very reasonably pric-

dammit.

Yeah sadly 2000/2001 are just about the worst years to try and find OG vinyl from. I have a Capitol of Kid A, and it’s dynamically flat as a pancake, I’d love the OG but equally not at those prices plus there are lots more records that I want too!

Last edited:
Yeah sadly 2000/2001 is just about the worst years to try and find OG vinyl from. I have a Capitol of Kid A, and it’s dynamically flat as a pancake, I’d love the OG but equally not at those prices plus there are lots more records that I want too!
Be patient I grabbed one for $125 shipped...all things considering...I’ll take that any day.

Plus The way I see it Is these are forever records in my collection

Be patient I grabbed one for $125 shipped...all things considering...I’ll take that any day.

Plus The way I see it Is these are forever records in my collection

Yeah I suppose. I’ll sell Endless eventually, Frank Ocean is totally not worth what thats going to be priced in a couple of years and maybe go OG Radiohead hunting with the proceeds.

Back