Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

1. Awesome birthday blue reference

2. It always bugs me that a band that has a sound just perfect for vinyl is so frustrating to get a decent pressing.
Yeah exactly, it's just so disappointing to go through so many copies and they all are garbage. And for Amnesiac, I'd be fine with a repress copy that sounds good but finding an Optimal without opening the package is impossible. I'm just tired of wasting money just trying to get what I paid for.

Yeah exactly, it's just so disappointing to go through so many copies and they all are garbage. And for Amnesiac, I'd be fine with a repress copy that sounds good but finding an Optimal without opening the package is impossible. I'm just tired of wasting money just trying to get what I paid for.
Amnesiac is probably my best sounding one and this Is what I have.

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Url: Radiohead - Amnesiac

Shared from the Discogs App

Radiohead is my most frustrating collection. I've got OKNOTOK Birthday Blue and it sounds very good. In Rainbows and it sounds very very good. Then Moon Shaped Pool with a Side Four that sounds like crap and I went thru 3 different copies and it was the best one, and Amnesiac went though four copies and still sounds like crap. It kinda put me off trying any further because all the reliable pressings are $100+.
Totally agree... was really hoping for a Kid A anniversary pressing (with or without Amnesiac) along the lines of OKNOTOK, since that one sounded so good. Maybe next year...

Is there a way to identify this certainly just by the jacket? There is one I am eyeing on the cogs but it is sealed.
I'm not 100% sure. It's been a while since I've looked into that. I bought this new from I can't even remember where and got it by dumb luck. Got Kid A at the same time and it was all Capitol and sounds not great.

I'm not 100% sure. It's been a while since I've looked into that. I bought this new from I can't even remember where and got it by dumb luck. Got Kid A at the same time and it was all Capitol and sounds not great.

This might be a stupid question, but how can you identify this it’s the Parlaphone discs? I found another seller with a decent price that has an opened copy and I want to be sure.

Is it the Parlophone discs though. Or is it an error on the label printer or at Capitol when they got the artwork? What does the dead wax say? Does it match the eu Parlophone?

I’m really skeptical to the point where I think Capitol just forgot to change the logos around when they got there artwork masters. My XL 2x10 reissue is like that. The sleeve still has the Parlophone logo on it but it’s clear from the dead wax that the cock up was by the graphic designers not substituting logos when they got them.

The original European press was tiny and only the original run in 2001. It wasn’t in continuous press or reissued. Much like kid a. Also the dead wax is really identifiable from the later presses as it’s, in Radiohead fashion, a phrase, rather than the various numerical identifiers on the later presses.

This might be a stupid question, but how can you identify this it’s the Parlaphone discs? I found another seller with a decent price that has an opened copy and I want to be sure.
Is it the Parlophone discs though. Or is it an error on the label printer or at Capitol when they got the artwork? What does the dead wax say? Does it match the eu Parlophone?

I’m really skeptical to the point where I think Capitol just forgot to change the logos around when they got there artwork masters. My XL 2x10 reissue is like that. The sleeve still has the Parlophone logo on it but it’s clear from the dead wax that the cock up was by the graphic designers not substituting logos when they got them.

The original European press was tiny and only the original run in 2001. It wasn’t in continuous press or reissued. Much like kid a. Also the dead wax is really identifiable from the later presses as it’s, in Radiohead fashion, a phrase, rather than the various numerical identifiers on the later presses.
I'm only going by that it has the Parlophone labels on it and it sounds miles better than my Capitol Kid A. I haven't compared it to any other pressings of Amnesiac.

I'm only going by that it has the Parlophone labels on it and it sounds miles better than my Capitol Kid A. I haven't compared it to any other pressings of Amnesiac.

I looked at the deadwax on both on cogs and it’s completely different, plus it was released 15 years after the sole, very limited, Parlophone pressing. It’s a Capitol one, them labels are just wrong, a bit like on my XL one. As for it being better than your Kid A, even a broken clock gets it right twice a day...

I looked at the deadwax on both on cogs and it’s completely different, plus it was released 15 years after the sole, very limited, Parlophone pressing. It’s a Capitol one, them labels are just wrong, a bit like on my XL one. As for it being better than your Kid A, even a broken clock gets it right twice a day...
I believe the discs are the same as this one but I haven't had time to match it character for character yet.

I believe the discs are the same as this one but I haven't had time to match it character for character yet.

Yeah it does match that one, which claims to be a Parlaphone reissue from 2012. But @Joe Mac is saying it was never repressed. So later Parlaphone releases are not great like the originals?

Yeah it does match that one, which claims to be a Parlaphone reissue from 2012. But @Joe Mac is saying it was never repressed. So later Parlaphone releases are not great like the originals?

I might have been mistaken, I’d never seen that one before. It randomly also matches my 2016 XL 2x10 which has Parlophone labels too. Random.

Not sure. There was a time right before XL room over where US releases were Capitol and sounded bad and Europe was Parlophone and sounded better than Capitol. Can't say how it compares to the original. Reviews seem generally good for that 2012 Parlophone too. When I'm talking comparing to others in my collection. I'm not saying it's the difinitive pressing of it. It's definitely the best sounding one to me.

I might have been mistaken, I’d never seen that one before. It randomly also matches my 2016 XL 2x10 which has Parlophone labels too. Random.
To add on to my last email there was also a time after XL took over and they were shipping European Parlophone releases with a different sticker barcode. I believe my Hail to the Thief is this way.

Not sure. There was a time right before XL room over where US releases were Capitol and sounded bad and Europe was Parlophone and sounded better than Capitol. Can't say how it compares to the original. Reviews seem generally good for that 2012 Parlophone too. When I'm talking comparing to others in my collection. I'm not saying it's the difinitive pressing of it. It's definitely the best sounding one to me.

To add on to my last email there was also a time after XL took over and they were shipping European Parlophone releases with a different sticker barcode. I believe my Hail to the Thief is this way.

To be honest there’s still that divide US XL was pressed at Rainbo and all the Radiohead ones have the reputation of sounding like arse. The EU are pressed at optimal and are a mixed bag but can sound good, particularly on pre A Moon Shaped Pool, I think every vinyl edition of that sounds like shit, ironically none more so than the expensive box set which sounds like a detuned radio.

Back