Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

I never got around to buying any of the "From the Capitol Vaults" single re-issues. Seems like the prices are started to creep up. Does anyone recommend them?
I just recently did an a/b of OGs and these and they get the job done for sure...I’m just crazy to go IGs as well cuz most have different track listings

I do enjoy that the capitals are 180 gram tho

I don’t know if I posted this before, I’m getting forgetful, but I can across it again and thought it might be an interesting conversation starter. My two takes, they’ve put the best song at number 2 and Street Spirit is criminally low.

I don’t know if I posted this before, I’m getting forgetful, but I can across it again and thought it might be an interesting conversation starter. My two takes, they’ve put the best song at number 2 and Street Spirit is criminally low.

No Decks Dark? Shitty list ;)

Come on. Paranoid is a great song, but it isn't Radiohead's best.

I would include The Amazing Sounds of Orgy, Bishop's Robes and Life in a Glasshouse on that list. Though I would have a hard time selecting just 40 songs 🤣

I enjoy it on its own merits as a sorta cheesy post grunge pop rock single but it feels really lightweight in comparison to what came afterwards and the lyrics are weak for me.

I appreciate the simplicity. I think lyrically Thom Yorke is too abstract for me at times. I love that he has referred to it as his Scott Walker song. I once ran into him hiking (not the first time) and I was wearing a t-shirt for a Walker documentary and he came right up to compliment me.

wolf at the door -and- where I end and you begin

i’d probably also replace “sail to the moon” with “backdrifts” and swap “scatterbrain” for “myxamatosis.”

Creep, Blow Out and Scatterbrain would all be gone for me. Myxomatosis and back drifts probably don’t come in though. My undisputed 1/2 is How To Disappear Completely then Street Spirit. After that there is probably about 15 Floating about that I could delve into and place in any order on any given day. There There would be much higher, a definite top 10 contender and one of the best songs live. Talk Show Host would be in my own top 10 too and I don’t see it on the list.

Creep, Blow Out and Scatterbrain would all be gone for me. Myxomatosis and back drifts probably don’t come in though. My undisputed 1/2 is How To Disappear Completely then Street Spirit. After that there is probably about 15 Floating about that I could delve into and place in any order on any given day. There There would be much higher, a definite top 10 contender and one of the best songs live. Talk Show Host would be in my own top 10 too and I don’t see it on the list.

There's a lot of room in that list to make space. Out of the first 10 songs listed (#31-40), the only two I would keep are "Just" and maybe "Burn the Witch."

I'd also swap out "Knives Out" for "You and Whose Army?".

Back