Immerse Your Soul In Love - The Radiohead Thread

Actually I've had rough luck with Amnesiac too. Gone through several copies and still don't have a totally clean one. But on the whole much better than AMSP. Mine is the GZ pressing but it's almost impossible to distinguish the GZ from the Optimal so trying to find an Optimal just seems pointless.

Actually I've had rough luck with Amnesiac too. Gone through several copies and still don't have a totally clean one. But on the whole much better than AMSP. Mine is the GZ pressing but it's almost impossible to distinguish the GZ from the Optimal so trying to find an Optimal just seems pointless.
I listened to my copy of Amnesiac a few weeks ago and it honestly sounded pretty good, not mindblowing or anything but probs among the better RH pressings I own.

I listened to my copy of Amnesiac a few weeks ago and it honestly sounded pretty good, not mindblowing or anything but probs among the better RH pressings I own.
Mine sounds good when it isn't popping, good master, bad pressing. But again it's light years better than AMSP, just isn't clean.

Mine sounds good when it isn't popping, good master, bad pressing. But again it's light years better than AMSP, just isn't clean.
Do you have the 45RPM Amnesiac? I have heard good things about it including it being dead quiet. I have one on order so hoping it sounds good since I don’t own Amnesiac for some reason!

Do you have the 45RPM Amnesiac? I have heard good things about it including it being dead quiet. I have one on order so hoping it sounds good since I don’t own Amnesiac for some reason!
Yes, like I said it sounds very good, when it isn't popping. Also all of mine were horribly warped. There's an Optimal pressing, then the newer ones are GZ but no difference in packaging that I'm aware of so impossible to tell the difference until you see the matrix. Or unless a store can specifically order the earlier one. Anyhow, it's dead quiet and has good dynamics and soundstage, but all of my copies had QC issues with a little crackle or some popping here or there.

Yes, like I said it sounds very good, when it isn't popping. Also all of mine were horribly warped. There's an Optimal pressing, then the newer ones are GZ but no difference in packaging that I'm aware of so impossible to tell the difference until you see the matrix. Or unless a store can specifically order the earlier one. Anyhow, it's dead quiet and has good dynamics and soundstage, but all of my copies had QC issues with a little crackle or some popping here or there.
Gotcha. Wasn’t sure if you had the 45 or the 10”. I did a make offer on discogs for the 45 which says it’s the optimal version...and the seller accepted for $14 so figured it’s worth a shot!

Gotcha. Wasn’t sure if you had the 45 or the 10”. I did a make offer on discogs for the 45 which says it’s the optimal version...and the seller accepted for $14 so figured it’s worth a shot!
Absolutely, just check the matrix. I mean my GZ still sounds good, but it's got some of those typical GZ issues...

My parlophone sounds pretty darn good...ain’t no in rainbows, but good enough for my non audiophile system and ears :)

I’ll be honest my 2x10 XL pressed at Optimal sounds really good too. There is a theory that the original master taken from the analogue tapes is one of the best ever Radiohead masters, you just have to get an OG Parlophone 2x10 for it.

Last edited:
Well...did another thing 🤦🏻‍♂️💸💸💸💸😂
While youre throwing money around at Radiohead things; keep an eye out for any In Rainbows boxsets out there for me that are in tact, and in the US in the $100 range. Could go up a little from there. On discogs it seems something is missing from them or way too expensive to ship over seas. eBay is always like double the price. I don't know anywhere else to look!

While youre throwing money around at Radiohead things; keep an eye out for any In Rainbows boxsets out there for me that are in tact, and in the US in the $100 range. Could go up a little from there. On discogs it seems something is missing from them or way too expensive to ship over seas. eBay is always like double the price. I don't know anywhere else to look!
I’ll keep an eye out...keep checking cogs tho...I’ve seen some July 4th sales out there

Back