Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

I’m also legitimately preparing myself for the real possibility that I will have to vote for her on the democratic ticket within the next 20 years. She polls way too well for that not to happen
I think she cares about her music career too much for that. It’d be a career downgrade.

My wife considers herself a swiftie, so maybe because I don’t fight it, I don’t consider myself to be impacted by it because it’s something that she enjoys (and her buying vinyl means I get off scot free when the boat load of my boxes arrive). I probably heard Folklore over 100 times during Covid. Still like it, which tells me it’s a good album.

I also try to ensure that I have my own bubble within the household bubble.

Yeah in my workplace I’m the only man in my grade or the grade below or the two grades above. Often the conversation goes in directions, both in terms of tv and music, and in terms of how terrible all men are, that I don’t particularly want to be involved in. I just go into selective hearing mode and do some work…

Yeah in my workplace I’m the only man in my grade or the grade below or the two grades above. Often the conversation goes in directions, both in terms of tv and music, and in terms of how terrible all men are, that I don’t particularly want to be involved in. I just go into selective hearing mode and do some work…

You should agree. That could lead to an open door.......wink wink

Yes.
She's been foisted upon me by Mr. Dressner and Mr. Vernon.

Even you sad bastards keeps droning on and on about her - both in defense and disapproval.

View attachment 194610
If there’s anything I love more than being a sad bastard, it’s droning on and on about an insipid topic

Times I can recall Taylor showing up in my life:
1. Watching Chiefs games
2. Grammys (and thus friends reposting her album announcement)
3. Eras Tour

I don’t listen to podcasts or follow entertainment accounts (or Taylor).

Where the fack else is she showing up for you?
Twitter. I just scroll by

1707168495212.png

I forgot what thread I was in for a minute, but I think the biggest thing Swift has going for her is that she manages to make music for teen girls and their dads at the same time. It's the consumer double whammy.

Also, I think I tune out a lot of pop culture because I don't see her discussed that much or pop up other than in passing ads anywhere except here and the football headlines.

And their Dads? Is this a thing?
I mean I listened to an album and it was fun for for a bit but 🤷‍♂️

Really I just see Taylor in memes and that is it.
We really can filter stuff a lot now a days with algorithmic media. Random musician from Africa keep popping up in my IG feed 😂. Unless Taylor does a collab with Vieux Farka Toure she’s dead to me.

I really don’t care about a band or artist being an “industry plant” or having connections as long as the music is good. And it’s very interesting that the term is way more often used against female artists and bands (like wet leg and last dinner party) and men are rarely accused of the same or even are rarely negatively affected by being connected (like beck and the strokes)

I really don’t care about a band or artist being an “industry plant” or having connections as long as the music is good. And it’s very interesting that the term is way more often used against female artists and bands (like wet leg and last dinner party) and men are rarely accused of the same or even are rarely negatively affected by being connected (like beck and the strokes)
Being an industry plant used to be an open concept that proved to be a highly successful formula. New Kids on the Block were basically engineered from the ground up, same for NSync, Backstreet Boys, One Direction. So by default, many solo careers are owed to this idea.

At some point, the term became pejorative and listeners/fans took it as a slight that their tastes were somehow being spoon fed to them via synthetic methods.

I don’t mind it either because not all artists can truly be organic. People in the industry have visions for an artist just like artists do for a song. Whether they’re a plant or not doesn’t take away from the fact that they have talent,

Being an industry plant used to be an open concept that proved to be a highly successful formula. New Kids on the Block were basically engineered from the ground up, same for NSync, Backstreet Boys, One Direction. So by default, many solo careers are owed to this idea.

At some point, the term became pejorative and listeners/fans took it as a slight that their tastes were somehow being spoon fed to them via synthetic methods.

I don’t mind it either because not all artists can truly be organic. People in the industry have visions for an artist just like artists do for a song. Whether they’re a plant or not doesn’t take away from the fact that they have talent,

I think with those it’s just open though, they’re manufactured pop bands. There is no pretence on any side that they’re anything else.

I think this idea of “a plant” in more recent years has come in indie band circles and has more often than not been a way to use some indie snob’s undefinable bullshit idea of authenticity to undermine new and upcoming artists, particularly female or minority ones.

Taylor is literally non existent in any of my spheres. I never hear of her or talk about her or anything. Until now, right here, in this thread. This thread is some fucked up manifestation. You're literally self-inflicting the actual thing you're talking about. That's a choice and you're not choosing to stop so I can't take your complaints seriously at all.

Taylor is literally non existent in any of my spheres. I never hear of her or talk about her or anything. Until now, right here, in this thread. This thread is some fucked up manifestation. You're literally self-inflicting the actual thing you're talking about. That's a choice and you're not choosing to stop so I can't take your complaints seriously at all.
I manifested you here, welcome.

Back