Hot Take/ Musical Confession Thread!

Remember that time I was crushing on @Rip_City cause I thought they were a woman? @Hollywood I know your pain.

Maybe I just had too much exposure to you in the JQBX back in the old days for that to seem even remotely credible šŸ˜‚

Iā€™d also love to see @bfly and @Teeeee reaction to this too lol
I need to get back on the JQBX/whatever it is we are using. I miss you guys and I am letting my job get me far too stressed out.

I need to get back on the JQBX/whatever it is we are using. I miss you guys and I am letting my job get me far too stressed out.

The problem is that I got a car park space at work so Iā€™m never on there because it was always my commute thing and that really wouldnā€™t be safe haha!

But yeah I do miss the random chats on there, especially during the early months of Covid.

So confession, Iā€™d never listened to Shania Twainā€™s Come on Over. I discovered it was produced by Mutt Lange reading 1000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die. So I gave it a listen. You can definitely hear his influence on the album.

Lukewarm takeā€¦ itā€™s not country, except for one song.

Hot takeā€¦ itā€™s also not very good. Outside of the hits, itā€™s pretty bland forgettable pop with sometimes laughable lyrics. The hits are great but the album is overlong and full of trite nonsense.

Also, allmusic thinks it is pitchfork with this review, that sure doesnā€™t read like a five star review:

Last edited:
So confession, Iā€™d never listened to Shania Twainā€™s Come on Over. I discovered it was produced by Mutt Lange reading 1000 Recordings to Hear Becore You Die. So I gave it a listen. You can definitely hear his influence on the album.

Hot takeā€¦ itā€™s also not very good. Outside of the hits, itā€™s pretty bland forgettable pop with sometimes laughable lyrics. The hits are great but the album is overlong and full of trite nonsense.

Also, allmusic thinks it is pitchfork with this review, that sure doesnā€™t read like a five star review:

I've never listened to Shania Twain but I was a big Garth Brooks fan in the mid-to-late 90's (mostly because the place I worked used to play his Greatest Hits album on a loop) and he's not even as country as many think he is. Two of his influences are Don McLean and James Taylor, and I always thought he sounded more like them than other country artists.

I've never listened to Shania Twain but I was a big Garth Brooks fan in the mid-to-late 90's (mostly because the place I worked used to play his Greatest Hits album on a loop) and he's not even as country as many think he is. Two of his influences are Don McLean and James Taylor, and I always thought he sounded more like them than other country artists.
Garth Brooks has quite a few songs that arenā€™t Country, but he is for sure country.

So confession, Iā€™d never listened to Shania Twainā€™s Come on Over. I discovered it was produced by Mutt Lange reading 1000 Recordings to Hear Becore You Die. So I gave it a listen. You can definitely hear his influence on the album.

I think what your trying to say here is that Shania didnā€™t Impress you much.

So confession, Iā€™d never listened to Shania Twainā€™s Come on Over. I discovered it was produced by Mutt Lange reading 1000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die. So I gave it a listen. You can definitely hear his influence on the album.

Listened to this in full the first time this year. I remember Her songs dominating the country radio my mom listened to when I was a kid so I was excited to spend time with it. I think outside of the singles itā€™s just ok but those singles (especially the opening track) are some of the best in country pop

The constant onslaught of new material from King Gizzard has burnt me out. I haven't even really gotten a close listen to Omnium Gatherum. I think K.G. was the last time I was like this is awesome I love these guys... in 11 years they've released 23 studio albums...

I don't think I've ever listened to a Cake album all the way through. First of all, Fashion Nugget is weird. Second of all, you all were gaga over an album with the following lyrics "the land where big fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear view mirrors"

I don't think I've ever listened to a Cake album all the way through. First of all, Fashion Nugget is weird. Second of all, you all were gaga over an album with the following lyrics "the land where big fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear view mirrors"
Correct. Itā€™s a great record! I donā€™t think anyone was confusing Cake with Bob Dylan.

ā€œDice hanging like testiclesā€¦ā€ as a a simile is still better than actual Truck Nuts hanging from an actual truck.
98E7564E-50BB-483D-9650-BA3E1886605B.jpeg

Correct. Itā€™s a great record! I donā€™t think anyone was confusing Cake with Bob Dylan.

ā€œDice hanging like testiclesā€¦ā€ as a a simile is still better than actual Truck Nuts hanging from an actual truck.
View attachment 157457
Spoiler tag that shit, I donā€™t need to share in your trauma!

Back