Home Improvement Thread 2: Electric Redo the Loo

I would be extremely hesitant to try it a third time since the exact same thing happened with two other identical models. I would probably look at a different brand

I gave up on being satisfied with a dishwasher. I just do them by hand, but I only have to do them for three people.

Did you use the self clean function on either of them? (Never use the self clean function on new ovens, most aren't built to withstand the heat, they were added to all ovens because people demanded it, but they mostly weren't designed properly. Melts the boards.)

Here is an email I sent to a former employee who is an electrician:
My oven is experiencing a voltage drop that is specific to opening the oven door. Basically the voltage drops when the oven door opens this cuts off the power to the board. Running the oven does not cause a problem. Running the stove does not cause a problem. There is no voltage drop at the electrical box, only at the appliance.

Electricians say the line is fine, breaker is fine. Had the outlet replaced during this process. Also had Duke out to check connection at the house.

I’ve had several electricians and appliance guys out and no one can figure it out. They eventually just say it is the other guy’s issue

Did you use the self clean function on either of them? (Never use the self clean function on new ovens, most aren't built to withstand the heat, they were added to all ovens because people demanded it, but they mostly weren't designed properly. Melts the boards.)
I’ve never used the new oven, period.

Here is an email I sent to a former employee who is an electrician:
My oven is experiencing a voltage drop that is specific to opening the oven door. Basically the voltage drops when the oven door opens this cuts off the power to the board. Running the oven does not cause a problem. Running the stove does not cause a problem. There is no voltage drop at the electrical box, only at the appliance.

Electricians say the line is fine, breaker is fine. Had the outlet replaced during this process. Also had Duke out to check connection at the house.

I’ve had several electricians and appliance guys out and no one can figure it out. They eventually just say it is the other guy’s issue
And to be clear, you've had two totally different model of ovens, that are both having this voltage drop when the door opens?

I gave up on being satisfied with a dishwasher. I just do them by hand, but I only have to do them for three people.
our dishwasher broke a few months back. we went 7 weeks without a dishwasher while we waited for Home Depot (and then Best Buy) to come deliver the new one. i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

but on the bright side, we ended up getting the dishwasher for free. the long story somewhat short is Home Depot never showed up to deliver it after a 6 week wait. cancelled and ordered through Best Buy instead. Then THEY never showed up and rescheduled delivery 3 weeks out. then the delivery guy calls me directly and reschedules delivery/installation himself the next day. i give him a cash tip as a thanks. 3 weeks go by and I get an email from best buy saying "your dishwasher delivery/installation is tomorrow". I hit cancel and thought nothing of it. Two days later I see a full refund on my credit card.

it's been cold in NY and our heating bill is through the roof. our house is REAL old (1870) so thinking our next big house improvement is gonna be work on some better insulation and maybe switch to gas instead of oil for heat. not looking forward to seeing what that cost may be....it's really fun owning a house!

it's been cold in NY and our heating bill is through the roof. our house is REAL old (1870) so thinking our next big house improvement is gonna be work on some better insulation and maybe switch to gas instead of oil for heat. not looking forward to seeing what that cost may be....it's really fun owning a house!
But it’s part of the American dream.

Back