Hip Hop

No surprise that I’m a fan of Quelle Chris. Was stoked to see him tonight and was not disappointed. Saw Earl Sweatshirt in the crowd among others. The biggest surprise was me walking past the merch booth early on and seeing a vinyl copy of an album that is not available on vinyl. The only album from Quelle that hasn’t been issued on vinyl, Shotgun and Sleek Rifle, was sitting right there behind all the merch. Merch dude couldn’t tell me anything so I waited until after the show to inquire. Grabbed a cd for Quelle to sign and asked about the record. It wasn’t for sale but he said it’s coming and he had it as a teaser. He also said talk to House Shoes for some info. Well, on the way out I saw House Shoes and said fuck it. Introduced myself and asked him what was up. He said some limited variants are coming soon but made it seem like it would be for touring and then leftovers would be available. I’ve been waiting for this one and the thought of finally getting it is beyond awesome. It’s not even his best album, but it’s the one the made me a fan. Anyway that’s my sorta drunken after show story. Hope you enjoyed it.

No surprise that I’m a fan of Quelle Chris. Was stoked to see him tonight and was not disappointed. Saw Earl Sweatshirt in the crowd among others. The biggest surprise was me walking past the merch booth early on and seeing a vinyl copy of an album that is not available on vinyl. The only album from Quelle that hasn’t been issued on vinyl, Shotgun and Sleek Rifle, was sitting right there behind all the merch. Merch dude couldn’t tell me anything so I waited until after the show to inquire. Grabbed a cd for Quelle to sign and asked about the record. It wasn’t for sale but he said it’s coming and he had it as a teaser. He also said talk to House Shoes for some info. Well, on the way out I saw House Shoes and said fuck it. Introduced myself and asked him what was up. He said some limited variants are coming soon but made it seem like it would be for touring and then leftovers would be available. I’ve been waiting for this one and the thought of finally getting it is beyond awesome. It’s not even his best album, but it’s the one the made me a fan. Anyway that’s my sorta drunken after show story. Hope you enjoyed it.

Glad you had a great time.
Any pics?

Thanks for the Saba PW @walkingdogs. Super happy anyway but this month has been expensive. Y’all on the excessive shipping tip stateside I’ve just given usps 70 dollars??? for a single package. Just wow. I’m gonna email and question this.

Thanks for the Saba PW @walkingdogs. Super happy anyway but this month has been expensive. Y’all on the excessive shipping tip stateside I’ve just given usps 70 dollars??? for a single package. Just wow. I’m gonna email and question this.
You're welcome and happy to hookup our community. $13 domestic shipping here too! Was not pleased with that, but what you gonna do? Let us know about the feedback on your inquiry on that. It's definitely excessive.

You're welcome and happy to hookup our community. $13 domestic shipping here too! Was not pleased with that, but what you gonna do? Let us know about the feedback on your inquiry on that. It's definitely excessive.
I read lots on Reddit about dosmestic shipping on your side and it makes me jealous. Having said that and might be tempting fate here in the UK we don’t get shafted with import charges like our EU friends these days. Apparently they are busy checking if lorry drivers have any ham sandwiches. Lol.
And no politics but… whoever the other day said F brexshit was right, the biggest con ever. Sorry, I want to declare that I had no part in it and am currently trying to escape these sceptred isles.

Edit: Ps Thanks again, seriously appreciate it from someone who can’t deal with IG FB and the like. And I’ll let you know if Saba gets in touch.

Last edited:
I read lots on Reddit about dosmestic shipping on your side and it makes me jealous. Having said that and might be tempting fate here in the UK we don’t get shafted with import charges like our EU friends these days. Apparently they are busy checking if lorry drivers have any ham sandwiches. Lol.
And no politics but… whoever the other day said F brexshit was right, the biggest con ever. Sorry, I want to declare that I had no part in it and am currently trying to escape these sceptred isles.

Edit: Ps Thanks again, seriously appreciate it from someone who can’t deal with IG FB and the like. And I’ll let you know if Saba gets in touch.
Yeah, in general I have absolutely zero complaints with how absurdly cheap USPS media mail is so complaining about $13 on the occasional record purchase is definitely a first world problem. I definitely feel for those like you who have to import a majority of what you buy in this hobby. I'd buy a lot less if I had to import that much. And it seems like this SABA drop was egregious concerning international shipping costs. As for Brexit, I'm definitely not up on all of its repercussions, but it definitely seemed like a con job that took advantage of the of the older generation's and working class' fears of "globalization". Basically like how we ended up with Trump. At least with Trump it wasn't a permanent short sighted result like Brexit.

Back