Hip Hop

Is there anywhere online stocking the Freddie Gibbs or Chief Keef RSD releases? Local stores in my area have been very sparse. One didn’t even get the Freddie shipment

Must have just missed it. Thank you though
Try Yellow Dog:

Is there anywhere online stocking the Freddie Gibbs or Chief Keef RSD releases? Local stores in my area have been very sparse. One didn’t even get the Freddie shipment
I saw a comment on discogs about Pinata having delayed shipments and fulfillment issues. It was the one RSD drop that I was interested in and luckily my go to shop in Denver had it. It's sounds really good even with it only being one LP. Hopefully your local store will get their copies late and you can swoop a copy up once they do.

You still need that Pinata? I'm finding links everywhere. Let me know
Would be appreciated yes. I’m more worried about the Chief Keef cause I missed those links and it was crackly sold out at my local spot as opposed to a missed shipment.

Fellow R&HH heads -

I am spinning my Das EFX - Dead Serious right now and the whole album is censored. At first I was like - wtf - did I get a censored version? Why would this even exist? But after further reading, I am seeing this whole album (and others of his / others during this time) may be censored and it was released that way. Anyone know?

Fellow R&HH heads -

I am spinning my Das EFX - Dead Serious right now and the whole album is censored. At first I was like - wtf - did I get a censored version? Why would this even exist? But after further reading, I am seeing this whole album (and others of his / others during this time) may be censored and it was released that way. Anyone know?

Now you have me checking mine...

Now you have me checking mine...
I found this -

"Remember Ice-T's group 'Body Count'? They released a song titled 'Cop Killer' that got Tipper Gore's PMRC's (Parents Music Resource Center) panties up in a bunch so a lot of records sold at retail outlets in '92 were censored to avoid the added cost of affixing the Parental Advisory warning on album covers and allow wider distribution."

That wouldn't explain why a repress would though, right? Unless all of the music is like that.

I found this -

"Remember Ice-T's group 'Body Count'? They released a song titled 'Cop Killer' that got Tipper Gore's PMRC's (Parents Music Resource Center) panties up in a bunch so a lot of records sold at retail outlets in '92 were censored to avoid the added cost of affixing the Parental Advisory warning on album covers and allow wider distribution."

That wouldn't explain why a repress would though, right? Unless all of the music is like that.
Not unless the source is a retail CD, but that would be surprising for MOV.

Edit: maybe the original recordings were lost

Back