Hip Hop

Also wanted to bring this up about La Maquina that I don't think I've seen discussed here. "KD" is Conway doing his best Cardi B the Machine flow right? I just can't unhear it now that I heard it.
I can hear this now that you say it.

But the thing that bothered me about the song is the chorus mentions not caring what someone says if they don't say it to you, but them names the song KD. KD very clearly does care what people say not to him as evidence by his burner Twitter episode.

I grabbed a spare black copy in case anyone here missed it... The shipping costs back across the Atlantic might add a bit of cost but it's there if you want it! Let me know, hope your dog's okay!
Oh man thank you so much! Not sure if I can justify the price after shipping but I really appreciate the offer. I think I will probably save my money for Songs of Sage, that is a really important record to me.

Also wanted to bring this up about La Maquina that I don't think I've seen discussed here. "KD" is Conway doing his best Cardi B the Machine flow right? I just can't unhear it now that I heard it.
Man I almost came here and complained about that the very first time I heard the song, but I usually like to stay positive here. I like some of the other styles he messes with on there but that song is an instant skip for me.

I can hear this now that you say it.

But the thing that bothered me about the song is the chorus mentions not caring what someone says if they don't say it to you, but them names the song KD. KD very clearly does care what people say not to him as evidence by his burner Twitter episode.
This is an excellent point. This and the Cardi B comment from @Enaz Fox has ruined KD for me. Thanks guys! 😂

I guess fortunately for me, I don't ever listen to Cardi so nothing has been ruined. I love that track. The only track I ever skip on it is Had To Hustle.

I guess fortunately for me, I don't ever listen to Cardi so nothing has been ruined. I love that track. The only track I ever skip on it is Had To Hustle.
I wouldn't say the flow is what ruined it for me, this project wasn't up my alley as a whole. The flow just caught me off guard and I wanted to see if I was crazy. Nice to see I'm not the only one hearing it! Happy you and a lot of others are enjoying the project though.

another repeat track for me this week- outta Houston:

The Roux Official ft Tiara Jewel & C-Red

side note- C-Red is a chemical engineer (medical student?) from Florida based in Htine now. I've been looking for her to pop up more, she's got a natural flow I enjoy.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Cities Aviv album that dropped this month. One of my favorite hip hop albums so far this year. Really hope it gets a vinyl release at some point.

I posted the Lukah track but the projects been growing on me. If you listen to that interview/podcast I shared, they go over a little bit of info about this album and it’s making as well. 🔥 thanks for sharing!

Back