Hip Hop

giphy.gif

Why is it that every single video/album released on Jet Life is recorded really poorly unless it's Curren$y? Like I've heard Fendi P on some dope tracks with good production, and he can be great. But this just ain't it, and I know damn well Curren$y knows better.

And then we got this gem 5 years ago.

Love this song

For those that ain't know, it was produced by a Canadian dude and DJ Khalil (Dr. Dre's most recent go-to inhouse producer) .. the Canadian dude was in a band called Bass Is Base (they were terrible) but he makes rappy stuff with Khalil now?

DJ Khalil was 1/2 of Self Scientific.. a really dope group out of Cali. The other 1/2 was Chace Infinite... who I believe is ASAP Rocky's uncle and was at one point maybe his manager?

And for the 1/2 a person interested, here was Bass Is Base's big "hit" song..

Love this song

For those that ain't know, it was produced by a Canadian dude and DJ Khalil (Dr. Dre's most recent go-to inhouse producer) .. the Canadian dude was in a band called Bass Is Base (they were terrible) but he makes rappy stuff with Khalil now?

DJ Khalil was 1/2 of Self Scientific.. a really dope group out of Cali. The other 1/2 was Chace Infinite... who I believe is ASAP Rocky's uncle and was at one point maybe his manager?

And for the 1/2 a person interested, here was Bass Is Base's big "hit" song..

I still need to get Til The Casket Drops on vinyl to complete my Clipse trilogy.

Back