Hip Hop

It all just seems like lynch is sore cause other people beat him to it and isn't the only person who has a say over them early records.

Cant wait for my official bootlegs!

And I missed out on that armand rome drop :( rip!

Did he just find out these were released and promoted for several weeks?

My P4P is stuck at a distribution center in NJ even though it was supposed to be delivered last Wednesday. Is this happening to anyone else?

I’m going to be so upset if this gets lost during shipment -_-
Mine came in yesterday bent to shit so even tho yours is late im hoping its not damaged cuz i wouldnt wish it on nobody

Just confirms what we said all along.
Yall can buy lynch own drop later if you like but i bet itll be an inferior mess compared to DRWs.

I wasn't cool with Tommy Boy/VMP doing this to De La and it's not cool seeing Black Market/DRW do it to Lynch and others. Labels take advantage of the artist and continue to make money off work they had nothing to do with besides putting up some cash at one point. I don't support bootlegs getting pressed onto the LP format because the artist doesn't get any cash flow from it, just the loser/s who took the money to put some mp3's on plastic. IMO this is the same thing, be it DRW wanting to call it a "bootleg" or not.

I wasn't cool with Tommy Boy/VMP doing this to De La and it's not cool seeing Black Market/DRW do it to Lynch and others. Labels take advantage of the artist and continue to make money off work they had nothing to do with besides putting up some cash at one point. I don't support bootlegs getting pressed onto the LP format because the artist doesn't get any cash flow from it, just the loser/s who took the money to put some mp3's on plastic. IMO this is the same thing, be it DRW wanting to call it a "bootleg" or not.
I agree with this take but to be fair the Tommy Boy/De La issues are much more publicised and well known and VMP made a LOT more money profiting off that than DRW have here. DRW should have been more careful and tried to make sure Lynch was making something off of this, I feel pretty bad about the situation having bought the DRW copy and will probably buy his version to support him

I agree with this take but to be fair the Tommy Boy/De La issues are much more publicised and well known and VMP made a LOT more money profiting off that than DRW have here. DRW should have been more careful and tried to make sure Lynch was making something off of this, I feel pretty bad about the situation having bought the DRW copy and will probably buy his version to support him

DRW would've assumed like everyone else that the label would pay lynch.
Its just an iffy situation.

I put all the negative thoughts on Black Market not on DRW.
This has all probably been a shocked surprise for poor ol DRW who thought they was doing some cool for the people with the official paperwork in hand.
Now its a shit show.

When it comes down to it, DRW isn't the main bad guy here. They just needed to do some simple google searching and could have found out this wasn't going to have Lynch's blessing if they cared.

July of the year 2000, Lynch asked fans not to buy anything being put out by the label Black Market, seems they had ties to Tommy Boy at the time which is wild.

X-Raided talking about how Cedric of Black Market is a tool

Last edited:
New Prince Paul x Open Mike Eagle podcast is up today. It focuses on 3 Feet High and Rising, which should be really interesting. I'm going to try to catch up on both episodes today.

I'm enjoying the podcast quite a bit. The Prince Among Thieves episode was a really good listen. I have a relationship with that album and it's cool to hear Paul tell his personal experiences about it.

I'm enjoying the podcast quite a bit. The Prince Among Thieves episode was a really good listen. I have a relationship with that album and it's cool to hear Paul tell his personal experiences about it.
Awesome. I haven't gotten to that one yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Back