Hip Hop

Ia
Eminem’s “Kamikaze” was very average in my opinion. Most of the chorus’ sounded ugly and Eminem’s confrontational raps were just cringy. His “talking to himself” kinda raps just sounded dated and he doesn’t have a good ear for production.

This new album of his is nothing special either. I just rolled my eyes when I heard some of those outdated, saturated, unsoulful chorus’ from Ed Sheeran and Skylar Grey. The production on this album is just so average. What the hell is with Eminem’s moaning, whiny yelling sounding chorus on the track “Farewell”. It sounds so ugly and horrendous! Same with “In Too Deep”, it’s just such a monotone, autotuned, awkward, kind of cheap sounding chorus.

Eminem’s music has just sounded so outdated, formulaic and bland since Relapse. I absolutely love Eminem’s debut studio album though and a lot of the tracks on Marshall Mathers LP, but that’s about it. Eminem’s sarcastic, caracature, animated sound on Relapse is refreshing looking back at it, with the playful production. But that’s about it in terms of Eminem’s 2009 comeback. Everything from his 2010 album onwards has been trash for me.

Eminem just tries wayyyyyy to hard to sound inspiring, anthemic, deep etc. I cannot see Eminem making like a decent album ever again. He just sounds 💩💩💩
I appreciate your opinion and input Nathan as always 100%
But..... why put yourself through his 11th album if you were pretty much done after SSLP & a lot of tracks from MMLP?
That would be like me liking just for example Korns first album, hating pretty much everything else they ever released and still diving in to their new album should they release one tmrw. I wouldnt. I'm not a Korn fan will never be a Korn fan it's cool if people like it but it's a waste of my time trying it. Do you get what I mean?

And not totally aimed at you but I do find globally a strange obsession with people who actually dont like Eminem post MMLP or even slightly at all still actively seeking his music just to dog on it all over again I mean why? Alot of these people have their mind completely made up before even attempting to get into it. That's just fricking bizarre 😂

I can def see why a lot of people liked this new Em album. It's way more fleshed out than Kamikaze, which felt more like a response than an album, and it's infinitely better than Revival ever will be. He's just so boring to me now, though. I aint really have any takeaways from Kamikaze, but the last two tracks on Revival are in my playlist just cause of how much substance was in that track. I don't hear any substance in his new music.

Even that one track where he rapped from the perspective of the CMA shooter just felt lifeless.

2:20 on this track is one of my favorite moments of this new album just cause of how he switched the shit up and made it seem like he cared about what he was rapping rather than how well he was rapping. Unfortunately, it's cut off by the x-teenth moment of fast-rapping on the album.

Would honestly prefer either him retire or give us something actually personal that's produced well (not Revival 2.)

That's a fair assessment from your point of view. I do feel the opposite about "Darkness" I think its fantastic and I only seen the visuals for the first time about an hour ago & it solidified its worth to me through that.

I love those last 2 tracks on Revival (Castles & Arose) imo that's some of the best work he has ever done but that album overall is one of the worst things I have ever heard in my entire life it's just painfully awful 😭

I dont know what I really want from Eminem as a fan, i dont think Eminem is really sure what we want or what he wants to give us either.

Jay Z is 50 and he delivered 4:44 at a later stage in his life where Em is now. 4:44 was absolutely the way for Jay to go. Where should Eminem go?

Obviously dont know the guy personally but my interpretation of his life beyond hiphop seems pretty boring. He is single, he cant trust people because the alienated position he is in he is unable to understand their motives, he has a small circle of friends, kids now are all grown up.

What does he actually do with his time except tour & rap? What has he got to say when if I am right his life is as boring & dull as it seems. Ok he is rich but he has been for half his life now, that's not happiness and I personally wouldnt trade my situation for his from the outside looking in anyway

Reactions: oak
So Pray for Paris was completed already. Anyone a little... what's the word I'm looking for.. underwhelmed at the prospects of this project now?

So Pray for Paris was completed already. Anyone a little... what's the word I'm looking for.. underwhelmed at the prospects of this project now?
I don't see any reason to be before hearing it. this sounds about par for the course for a Griselda project. not saying it won't end up being underwhelming, but for now I'm in the excited column.

I don't see any reason to be before hearing it. this sounds about par for the course for a Griselda project. not saying it won't end up being underwhelming, but for now I'm in the excited column.

Well.. they keep saying they do it in 2-3 days and then take months to actually release it and seem to still be working on those same projects right up until a week or two before they're released so I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I would assume the same for this project but I don't know...

Well.. they keep saying they do it in 2-3 days and then take months to actually release it and seem to still be working on those same projects right up until a week or two before they're released so I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I would assume the same for this project but I don't know...
so just checked his Instagram and along with the announcement that he finished the album in 10 hours he posted this clip. I definitely don't feel underwhelmed by this. sounds like Madlib, if so I wonder if this is different than the Madlib album.

so just checked his Instagram and along with the announcement that he finished the album in 10 hours he posted this clip. I definitely don't feel underwhelmed by this. sounds like Madlib, if so I wonder if this is different than the Madlib album.

Think the beat was by the guy he @‘d. Conducterwilliams.

Not crazy about the beat myself, but loving Gunn's flow on it.

Ia

I appreciate your opinion and input Nathan as always 100%
But..... why put yourself through his 11th album if you were pretty much done after SSLP & a lot of tracks from MMLP?
That would be like me liking just for example Korns first album, hating pretty much everything else they ever released and still diving in to their new album should they release one tmrw. I wouldnt. I'm not a Korn fan will never be a Korn fan it's cool if people like it but it's a waste of my time trying it. Do you get what I mean?

And not totally aimed at you but I do find globally a strange obsession with people who actually dont like Eminem post MMLP or even slightly at all still actively seeking his music just to dog on it all over again I mean why? Alot of these people have their mind completely made up before even attempting to get into it. That's just fricking bizarre 😂
Because I just have that tiny glimmer of hope that maybe Eminem will deliver a great album, as he did do it beforehand! 🤞

Eminem’s music nowadays is just so boring and try hard though 🥱❌

I just want that “authentic” kind of Eminem, like on the tracks “I’m Back”, “Stan”, “Brain Damage”, “Guilty Conscience” and “As The World Turns”! 😩

I just hate how mediocre Eminem’s music nowadays is. So boring I can’t.....😭😭😭

Because I just have that tiny glimmer of hope that maybe Eminem will deliver a great album, as he did do it beforehand! 🤞

Eminem’s music nowadays is just so boring and try hard though 🥱❌

I just want that “authentic” kind of Eminem, like on the tracks “I’m Back”, “Stan”, “Brain Damage”, “Guilty Conscience” and “As The World Turns”! 😩

I just hate how mediocre Eminem’s music nowadays is. So boring I can’t.....😭😭😭
I get that but your talking about 20 odd year old tracks from a dude who was in his mid twenties lol😂🤷‍♂️

I will save you the hassle and tell you this when his 12th, 13th etc albums drop you ain't gonna like them either 🤣🤣🤣

I get that but your talking about 20 odd year old tracks from a dude who was in his mid twenties lol😂🤷‍♂️

I will save you the hassle and tell you this when his 12th, 13th etc albums drop you ain't gonna like them either 🤣🤣🤣
But Jay-Z released 4:44 a few years ago and that’s a magnificent record and he released studio albums before Eminem.

Pusha T still sounds fresh!

Madlib’s hip-hop production is still 🔥🔥🔥

Eminem is just like Snoop Dogg but worse in terms of 2010’s+ output/music they released!

I will also save you too and will let you know that it’s likely Eminem’s next few albums will be trash as nearly every album he released in the 2010’s was trash or mediocre! 🐒

No big deal in the end! It’s just that Eminem was and still is very popular so I thought maybe there’s a chance of him impressing us with a great album. I know there’s a small chance but......yeah I guess I won’t ever bother checking out anything from him 😞

But Jay-Z released 4:44 a few years ago and that’s a magnificent record and he released studio albums before Eminem.

Pusha T still sounds fresh!

Madlib’s hip-hop production is still 🔥🔥🔥

Eminem is just like Snoop Dogg but worse in terms of 2010’s+ output/music they released!

I will also save you too and will let you know that it’s likely Eminem’s next few albums will be trash as nearly every album he released in the 2010’s was trash or mediocre! 🐒

No big deal in the end! It’s just that Eminem was and still is very popular so I thought maybe there’s a chance of him impressing us with a great album. I know there’s a small chance but......yeah I guess I won’t ever bother checking out anything from him 😞
That's a fair assessment from your point of view. I do feel the opposite about "Darkness" I think its fantastic and I only seen the visuals for the first time about an hour ago & it solidified its worth to me through that.

I love those last 2 tracks on Revival (Castles & Arose) imo that's some of the best work he has ever done but that album overall is one of the worst things I have ever heard in my entire life it's just painfully awful 😭

I dont know what I really want from Eminem as a fan, i dont think Eminem is really sure what we want or what he wants to give us either.

Jay Z is 50 and he delivered 4:44 at a later stage in his life where Em is now. 4:44 was absolutely the way for Jay to go. Where should Eminem go?

Obviously dont know the guy personally but my interpretation of his life beyond hiphop seems pretty boring. He is single, he cant trust people because the alienated position he is in he is unable to understand their motives, he has a small circle of friends, kids now are all grown up.

What does he actually do with his time except tour & rap? What has he got to say when if I am right his life is as boring & dull as it seems. Ok he is rich but he has been for half his life now, that's not happiness and I personally wouldnt trade my situation for his from the outside looking in anyway
I replied the above to @ Sorcerer earlier In the thread and I think it applies very much here now Nathan. The last 2/3 of it mostly

I replied the above to @ Sorcerer earlier In the thread and I think it applies very much here now Nathan. The last 2/3 of it mostly
Where should Eminem go? No overproduced and outdated chorus’. No more features from Ed Sheeran, Skylar Gray or P!nk or Alicia Keys etc. We should start from there first!

Next, no more albums that have around 20 tracks. He can’t pull it off.

Next, Eminem shouldn’t sing in his chorus’ as he sounds atrocious whenever he does.

But there’s no point in me going on. You’re probably rolling your eyes at me 😂😂😂

Where should Eminem go? No overproduced and outdated chorus’. No more features from Ed Sheeran, Skylar Gray or P!nk or Alicia Keys etc. We should start from there first!

Next, no more albums that have around 20 tracks. He can’t pull it off.

Next, Eminem shouldn’t sing in his chorus’ as he sounds atrocious whenever he does.

But there’s no point in me going on. You’re probably rolling your eyes at me 😂😂😂
I actually agree with all of this to be honest no jokes 😂😂😂😂 its spot on so far

Back