Hip Hop

On a sorta new thread - it's interesting to me to see so little mention of Lil Ugly Mane in recaps of the last decade. Not necessarily my favorite records in the world but I found what he did far more interesting than most of the stuff that typically got listed.

On a sorta new thread - it's interesting to me to see so little mention of Lil Ugly Mane in recaps of the last decade. Not necessarily my favorite records in the world but I found what he did far more interesting than most of the stuff that typically got listed.
Mista Thug Isolation absolutely belongs in the discussion for top albums of the decade. It was way ahead of it's time, LUM is just constantly underrated.

Mista Thug Isolation absolutely belongs in the discussion for top albums of the decade. It was way ahead of it's time, LUM is just constantly underrated.
big LUM fan also but would have to disagree that Mista Thug Isolation was way ahead of it's time but what he does he does very well and very authentic to the pioneers of that sound/scene.i would say oblivion access is more cutting edge as far as having a very unique sound.

Last edited:
big LUM fan also but would have to disagree that Mista Thug Isolation is was way ahead of it's time but what he does he does very well and very authentic to the pioneers to the sound of that album.i would say oblivion access is more cutting edge as far as having a very unique sound.

As someone who wasn't terribly familiar with a whole lot of Memphis rap before I heard MTI but have listened to a lot since, yeah, he definitely wears his influences on his sleeve on that album. I feel like On Doing.. is the first time I heard him take those influences and match it with a sorta-DITC-influenced (or very East Coast style production) updated through the lens of Memphis rap that really took him to the next level.

Still love MTI but man, some of his early fans really turned me off from getting more into his music. Passed on a second pressing of MTI cause I thought $55 shipped was too spendy for it to Canada. Ah well..

big LUM fan also but would have to disagree that Mista Thug Isolation was way ahead of it's time but what he does he does very well and very authentic to the pioneers of that sound/scene.i would say oblivion access is more cutting edge as far as having a very unique sound.
The experimentation on that album is what was ahead of it's time. Nobody was really producing like that back then. Seems much more common now.

Same here. Super pumped for it. Did you also get the red?

Side note: has anyone received confirmation for Statue of Limitations? I reached out but have yet to hear back.
I got the highlighter yellow.

still waiting on shipping for Statue Of Limitations as well

Die hard ROOTS fans - please rate your albums from favorite to least favorite. Please only include their albums that contain the continuous track numbering. You can leave the EP out if you wish. Thx!

• 1–17: Organix
  • 18–33: Do You Want More?!!!??!
  • 34–53: Illadelph Halflife
  • 54–71: Things Fall Apart
  • 72–76: The Legendary EP
  • 77–86: The Roots Come Alive
  • 87–102: Phrenology
  • 103–113: The Tipping Point
  • 114–127: Game Theory
  • 128–143: Rising Down
  • 143–156: How I Got Over
  • 157–170: Undun
  • 171–181: ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin

are you not familiar with the '90s Memphis Hip Hop and Crunk?
I never got too deep into it but I'm definitely familiar. And I'm not saying he isn't deeply influenced by it, but I think he put his own spin on it. I just feel like he did things on that album I hadnt really heard before, that I here a lot now.

Die hard ROOTS fans - please rate your albums from favorite to least favorite. Please only include their albums that contain the continuous track numbering. You can leave the EP out if you wish. Thx!

• 1–17: Organix
  • 18–33: Do You Want More?!!!??!
  • 34–53: Illadelph Halflife
  • 54–71: Things Fall Apart
  • 72–76: The Legendary EP
  • 77–86: The Roots Come Alive
  • 87–102: Phrenology
  • 103–113: The Tipping Point
  • 114–127: Game Theory
  • 128–143: Rising Down
  • 143–156: How I Got Over
  • 157–170: Undun
  • 171–181: ...And Then You Shoot Your Cousin

No From The Ground Up EP?

Not sure if anyone has seen this or how legitimate it is but apparently Tuff Kong is donating proceeds from their mystery boxes to help out animals in Australia.. anyone seen / heard about this and can confirm?

Yeah I got the email about it. It’s a legit charity, have no reason to think they wouldn’t give the money to it. Suppose that’s on the buyer 🤷🏻‍♂️

Email in question:103B9D0C-6F9F-4BFC-A1A9-73F40C416665.png3A168517-B145-4849-A1B3-B4E9CE9B555E.png

Not sure if anyone has seen this or how legitimate it is but apparently Tuff Kong is donating proceeds from their mystery boxes to help out animals in Australia.. anyone seen / heard about this and can confirm?

I wanted to do it Friday, I trust them, but I want 2LPs and 1LPs and I looked at the stock and idk. If they said it will contain previously oos picks I'd be on it

Back