Hip Hop

I haven’t heard or read anything about the new Gang Starr. I thought it was just Premier feat a bunch of people and using the name but I guess that wouldn’t make sense. Are all the songs new verses from Guru before he passed?
I'm not a Gang Starr historian but none of the verses seemed like they were recycled to me.

New Earl feels like b sides of SRS.

Same wave lengths on that one bud. Think there was only 3 tracks that I really dug and I didn’t enjoy the tracks with features, though I like Mach and Mavi. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hadnt seen anyone else throw out anything but love so I wasn’t rushing to share my opinion.

Same wave lengths on that one bud. Think there was only 3 tracks that I really dug and I didn’t enjoy the tracks with features, though I like Mach and Mavi. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hadnt seen anyone else throw out anything but love so I wasn’t rushing to share my opinion.
Yea I dont dislike it, but it just didnt move the needle as much as I'd hoped. I enjoy SRS, but dont think it's his best as alot of people seem to think. The song with Mavi is probably my favorite of the bunch. Also I think HWH7 and the new Gang Starr overshadowed it, which might be part of the reason I'm lukewarm on it.

Mach got into his drunk Frank Ocean crooning bag and then went in! Definitely the standout for me!
Send me the invoice for that shit 🎶🎶

Anybody have a strong opinion about Marlon Craft? My sister just sent me the album he has out this year. Never heard anything about him. Not bad, nothing super special grabbing me on first listen but dude has a pretty good sound and some decent production on it.

Alright just listened to HH7 for first time in full. I like it, definitely not my favorite Griselda project yet, but still good. I'm still gonna buy it strictly for the Curren$y feature alone, but what I really would love is a wrestling themed 7'' with 'Lucha Bros' on one side and 'Undertraker vs Goldberg' on other side with different covers for each side. That shit would be hard af, and that way I'd only need to get a 7'' for that 'Lucha Bros' joint.

Lucha Cover
lucha.jpg

Goldberg Cover
goldberg.jpg

Oh and y'all gotta know already that I will promote New Orleans rap whenever possible. Best Brass Band in the city recently put out their 'Poetry In Motion', and the track 'Down For My City' features a crazy list of legends. From Chef Emeril Lagasse, to Bounce legends DJ Jubilee, Cheeky Blakk, Kango Slim (of Partners N Crime), Mia X (of No Limit Records). Soul singers like Tanya Boyd-Cannon & Jaelyn Langston. Jazz impresarios like Trombone Shorty & Kermit Ruffins, down to the Childrens Youth Choir and classic rap radio host Wild Wayne...True celebration of New Orleans music new and old.

Little poppy overall, but I love the idea, and the uplifting message.

The Soul Rebels - Down For My City

Back