Hip Hop

Those numbers are so low really.. I expected YNB Cordae to do MUCH much better aswell as a few others.

I have to believe those YBN numbers are so low because that album hasn't seen a physical release yet. Seems like a bit of an oversight in 2019 not to have a physical release ready when your album drops. There is so much BS that goes into those numbers though that its anyone's guess as to what is really going on.

Last edited:
You can tell that Westside, Benny, and Curren$y were all in the studio at the same time for Yacht Rock 2 when you hear Lucha Bros. I wish Alchemist would have been able to put that on the vinyl as well

You can tell that Westside, Benny, and Curren$y were all in the studio at the same time for Yacht Rock 2 when you hear Lucha Bros. I wish Alchemist would have been able to put that on the vinyl as well
Curren$y isn't on Yacht Rock 2, which is something I don't really understand why because all those YR2 beats sound like they were tailor made for him.

Curren$y isn't on Yacht Rock 2, which is something I don't really understand why because all those YR2 beats sound like they were tailor made for him.

I know. I shouldve said this sounded like he was there for it, this was supposed to be on, and Westside got it.

Edit: Yeah this sounds like it was supposed to be on Yacht Rock 2 and Alchemist gave it to Westside Gunn

I know. I shouldve said this sounded like he was there for it, this was supposed to be on, and Westside got it.

Edit: Yeah this sounds like it was supposed to be on Yacht Rock 2 and Alchemist gave it to Westside Gunn
yeah, the Lucha Bros beat definitely sounds like it would have fit on Yacht Rock 2, though all the wrestling references definitely give it more of a WSG feel

yeah, the Lucha Bros beat definitely sounds like it would have fit on Yacht Rock 2, though all the wrestling references definitely give it more of a WSG feel

Yea I just ran it back and was thinking that. Maybe it was added on later idk. Who knows. Seems like a lot of song for song trading has been going on lately which is awesome! Like Conway on LNDN DRGS project and now Jay n Boldy here for example

Just coming in here to echo how good HWH7. I only kind of fuck with Flygod is an Awesome God, but HWH7 I fuck with fully.

That Gang Starr album is so much better than it deserves to be for being a posthumous album from a group that hasnt put out anything in 16 years, but also considering its Gang Starr it shouldnt surprise me.

New Earl feels like b sides of SRS.

oh damn. wonder what's up with mine then
Had no idea these even shipped. Just checked on Informed Delivery and mine was shipped over a week ago from LA, where I live. It went all the way to Greensboro, NC and now I don't know where the hell it is. This isn't the first time I've had an Alchemist record do that. Rapper's Best Friend also took like 2 weeks to get here because they shipped it across the country. Makes no sense as Fat Beats ships these and I never have a problem getting their releases.

Had no idea these even shipped. Just checked on Informed Delivery and mine was shipped over a week ago from LA, where I live. It went all the way to Greensboro, NC and now I don't know where the hell it is. This isn't the first time I've had an Alchemist record do that. Rapper's Best Friend also took like 2 weeks to get here because they shipped it across the country. Makes no sense as Fat Beats ships these and I never have a problem getting their releases.
damn. it's probably worse that yours is floating out there somewhere than not having shipped yet like mine, that sucks

also, what happened to the LIKE options on this forum? I wanted to angry face your post but could only thumbs up

I haven’t heard or read anything about the new Gang Starr. I thought it was just Premier feat a bunch of people and using the name but I guess that wouldn’t make sense. Are all the songs new verses from Guru before he passed?

Back