Hip Hop

He’s def still good for the occasional banger. Mostly background music nowadays tho

Nah I disagree. His music is fun to me. Me and my little one been having a ball and that'll continue through the weekend when my wife gets home.

Folks on Twitter trying to one up each other with struggle one liners aren't gonna stop these dance moves either ro88xk9.gif

Feels like ALC finally jumped the shark with TTOO2. Damn near 2 hours after drop and everything save for the signed album is still available. The pricing really doesn’t make sense for this good, but not great, 15 minute album.

Apart from the $100 variant, dude pressed 2000 copies that he’s trying to sell for $60. And there’s still an open pre-order for the black. Meanwhile the bone is the same as the pink but it’s $20 more because it’s bone colored? Clearly Vol 1 and 2 should’ve just been one project. Both would’ve easily fit on 1LP.

This one might actually make it to brick and mortar shops because it feels like he’s gonna be sitting on a lot of product. That’s not a bad thing IMO.

Feels like ALC finally jumped the shark with TTOO2. Damn near 2 hours after drop and everything save for the signed album is still available. The pricing really doesn’t make sense for this good, but not great, 15 minute album.

Apart from the $100 variant, dude pressed 2000 copies that he’s trying to sell for $60. And there’s still an open pre-order for the black. Meanwhile the bone is the same as the pink but it’s $20 more because it’s bone colored? Clearly Vol 1 and 2 should’ve just been one project. Both would’ve easily fit on 1LP.

This one might actually make it to brick and mortar shops because it feels like he’s gonna be sitting on a lot of product. That’s not a bad thing IMO.
Yeah this one was a easy pass for me.

Yeah I won't even consider those unless they put them together and sell it for $40. Some great stuff on there but can't consider even paying that for sub 12 minute albums, nevermind the higher prices.

New Drake is terrible.

Yes. He needed features to help with the whiny nasally singing he's giving throughout, Then on tracks where it would be unbearable to listen to in a normal tone, he added so much auto tune/filters it was like listening to a chopped and screwed song at normal speed.

Usually when he decides to take on a genre he fills the album with people from that world, and does a good job at it....This needed Wizkid, Sampha, Jhene, Giveon, etc. to help with the vocals cuz the singing is hard to get thru.....The instrumentals without the singing may make for a great dance club vibe.... that said Sticky and Massive are slappers but there are a good 20 people I would listen to dance pop or RnB from before Drake...Which has always been my problem with Drake. Jack of all trades master of none

Did we write Logic off? New album is solid. The features list is ridiculous: RZA, Royce, Curren$y, Game, Bronson, Premier, AZ, Blu & Exile, Dilla samples. Nice.

New Drake is terrible.
I'm definitely going to give it a listen. The features look stellar, but Logic's music just doesn't have a ton of long term replayability for me personally. And all Drake is turrible. He's the Taylor Swift of Hip hop, but even more annoying.

I'm definitely going to give it a listen. The features look stellar, but Logic's music just doesn't have a ton of long term replayability for me personally. And all Drake is turrible. He's the Taylor Swift of Hip hop, but even more annoying.
I feel he has as much replayability as any other conscious hip hop acts, at least his last two albums, but I agree that I just don't reach for his albums like The Roots, for example. I feel Logic has a bunch to say and I dig his references/flow, but he seems to focus on the underdog role a bit too much to keep him in constant rotation.

ALC should go back and repress some of his catalogue like he did with Covert Coup instead of 2000+ copies of this unremarkable EP. People would foam at the mouth over a number of his projects from the last decade.

Sort of want the slipmats though...

I can't do this 10 minute EP shit. I'll wait until he rereleases both volumes together

Yes. He needed features to help with the whiny nasally singing he's giving throughout, Then on tracks where it would be unbearable to listen to in a normal tone, he added so much auto tune/filters it was like listening to a chopped and screwed song at normal speed.

Usually when he decides to take on a genre he fills the album with people from that world, and does a good job at it....This needed Wizkid, Sampha, Jhene, Giveon, etc. to help with the vocals cuz the singing is hard to get thru.....The instrumentals without the singing may make for a great dance club vibe.... that said Sticky and Massive are slappers but there are a good 20 people I would listen to dance pop or RnB from before Drake...Which has always been my problem with Drake. Jack of all trades master of none
FEscvXr.png

Nah y'all gonna stop playing with Drakes name like this

Back